Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Upgrading again..New Gladiator or T/S TopGun? >

Upgrading again..New Gladiator or T/S TopGun?

Notices

Upgrading again..New Gladiator or T/S TopGun?

Old 08-03-2004, 12:27 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Upgrading again..New Gladiator or T/S TopGun?

I am seriously considering jumping up this month and getting another new ride.

I know the Gladiator talk is usually bad, but I love 'em!

However, I am curious how those that have/do own them feel about the usefulness of one vs. a T/S 'Gun.

I also would like to hear about your thoughts if your have/do own a T/S 'Gun.

I do a lot of different kinds of boating. I race a Cat in SBI so I get my adrenaline fix there.

I am also interested in the speeds of both w/525's-ITS combo.

For those w/a TopGun, how much do you use your cabin?
For those w/a Gladiator do you miss a cabin?

Thanks for the help! I will owe you all a beer after I make a purchase.

Greg
Old 08-03-2004, 12:32 AM
jtmiller02

Default Re: Upgrading again..New Gladiator or T/S TopGun?

I'm gonna sound like a jerk for sayin it, but find a dealer with both and test drive both...

Since i don't own either thats the best advice i can give, must say tho, i don't think theres any other boat out there that can match the looks of a gladiator.

Old 08-03-2004, 12:38 AM
jtmiller02

Forgot to mention theres a member up in Jacksonville, NC who just bought a new Gladiator and is looking to trade it for a TG so he has a cabin for his wife. Might be a boat to look into. Can't remember the name but I don't think it would be that hard to track him down, he might be at the races this weekend.

Old 08-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Thanks JT, That member is MacRaymond.

I've spoken to him about his boat. I'm interested, but I'm lookin' to go new right now.

I will see Mat at the race and Maybe we will put somthing together.

I am just comparing the new rigs for now though.

Greg
Old 08-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mcraymond3 very nice guy. his name is mat and this is true. looking to trade gald for a topgun. get a hold of him. his family owns sanders ford in jacksonville nc. just call information, get the number and ask for little mat raymond. there is a few there, so makes it easier to get him on the horn. good luck... dave
Old 08-03-2004, 12:51 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was ready to move into a Gladiator after my Cafe Racer. I ended up with a Top Gun without a finished cabin ... go figure.

During the 4 years of owning the Cafe, I never overnighted although the cabin was nice around the docks or rafting together with others.

The one thing I questioned about owning a Gladiator was storage ... readily available storage. With the empty cabin in my TG, it works perfect for throwing fenders and day bags. I'm still not sure I would like sitting all the time ... I know I like standing while running and maneuvering around docks.

I'm sure with enough seat time, one could get comfortable with the sitting and the styling of the Gladiator is stunning. But, still the question of accessible storage has me.

G

Last edited by cigarette1; 08-03-2004 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:58 AM
jtmiller02

Yeah those are the 2 things that kinda make me think...even with a small bowrider atleast you can throw a cooler up front or something. I also wonder about sitting down as to how it beats you up, I know I always prefer to be standing to let my knees absorb any shock. I've recently learned what its like to have back troubles and I don't know that I'll ever get back to the point where sitting is much fun.

I also know of a Brand new 04' Top Gun thats for sale local here. Theres a pic of it at the top of the Cig. Graphics thread. The owner of this boat passed away before it was finished when his old T/G flipped during a test-drive. His brother has put a few hours on it but it is basically a brand new boat.

Old 08-03-2004, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

A buddy of mine had a 2003 38 tg with the 525 ITS package and it ran 88. I brought it to Phil a little bit ago to be sold and I thinck it has, but it would be worth a call. She is supper clean and loaded with optoins.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

whatever you get Greg, it better be fast, otherwise you'll have a hard time keeping up with me in my new ride...
Old 08-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a 02 TG w/575's and love the ride and handling characteristics. I did the same thing your doing and decided on the TG. More versatile, better resale and I can sit or stand Besides I'd be freaked to leave a gladiator with no rub rails rafted or docked anywhere.

Regardless, both are sweet but having a cabin whether you actually sleep in it (which we don't) or not is a very, very handy feature my friend. Never know when ya' might find ya' a Georgia PEACH

Quick Reply: Upgrading again..New Gladiator or T/S TopGun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.