Rotten Concept. Is this common?

Notices

Rotten Concept. Is this common?

Old 05-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rotten Concept. Is this common?

My dad was going to buy a 1998 28ft Concept with twin 225 ob. with only 50 hrs. He wasn't even going to have it surveyed because it was so new and always stored inside. But decided it was the best move to spend the money on the survey to make sure. It failed the survey with a rotten floor around the center counsel, and stringes around the gas tank. We thought concepts where good boats. Is this common? or a freak thing. Maybe he should look at different center counsels. Any opinions would help. Thanks
Old 05-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What boat is this? I stay up on a lot of the preowned boats for sale and have not seen this 1998 advertised nor heard from the customer about repair. Concept has been all composite materials since 2000; however, in 1998 did use wood coring, never heard of any model that stringers rotted even when we used wood. And, a boat with only 50 hours, something is not right...please have this owner call me...Thanks, Susan Concept 888-635-8712
Old 05-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Now thats service......
Old 05-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Registered

I have been selling them for 2 years and just bought myself a new 36 with T-250xs's. Luis, Susan, Maria, Lou and everyone else at Concept are 100% top shelf.

All boat companies should strive to be like Concept in terms of quality, dealer support and customer support.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Re: Rotten Concept. Is this common?

Thanks Susan, I'm going to have my dad call you. We always felt concept was a good boat. But now have questions. Thanks for your response.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw a boat in the shop the other day that was a 2000 model. Customer just bought it and thought he got a good deal. Garage kept (purportedly), immaculate condition until you stepped on the floor. Felt a little soft so out came the ice pick. Found rotten stringers, floor and such. Very close inspection showed a water line inside the boat. Seems it was put away for the winter with the bilge plug in and full of water. Someone should be shot.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I talked to the surveyor myself today. He said that it wasn't a stringer that was rotten. It was the core material of the cock pit liner around the console. And some other structural components. That because of the one piece construction of the boat would be very difficult to fix. I believe that this could be a freak thing. We're just trying to figure that out. Thanks for all the input.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Registered

Any updates on this yet !????

Hi Susan !!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Registered

Yes, spoke with him this morning. Seems there was moisture detected from a meter by this surveyor which Skamer holds in high regard. It was not seen; however, I believe him especially since a T-top was added after the boat was built. The problem is that this boat looks new and the price is great, Skamer was dissappointed as he wanted to buy it. Need to keep a look out for a 2001 or newer that is all composite.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

An aquaintance of my had to replace his gas tank on an early built Concept.

I think they have solved the problem, but would stay away from this one.

My $ .02

Quick Reply: Rotten Concept. Is this common?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.