Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Eliminator 28' Daytona????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84570-eliminator-28-daytona.html)

kcgbjc 08-04-2004 08:13 PM

Eliminator 28' Daytona?????

Alright Eliminator owners and others, please chime in. After Magic gave me a little ream job, I am looking at the 28' Daytona with twin 496HO.

I have known Eliminator owners and their loyalty and I am looking for that in my boat builder.

Why does my neighbor say he would never buy an Eliminator? Is it the same old Ford v. Chevy arguement or does anybody have any good reason for or against. Of course he owns a Magic which I would now never buy.

I really need help here as I have little Eliminator experience.

dreamboater 08-04-2004 08:16 PM

Re: Eliminator 28' Daytona?????

Eliminator builds a great boat! twin 496HO's in that boat should put you in mid 90's for speed. I would not think twice about buying an Eliminator over a Magic Cat.

castaway 08-04-2004 08:30 PM

Can't go wrong with an Eliminator...their crew, their quality, their ride, all top notch!!! I wouldn't go anywhere else...

LostinBoston 08-04-2004 09:01 PM

I rode in a 28 eliminator at the miami show last year. Great ride. If i were looking at 28 cats it would be between that and skater. I have only heard good things about the boats and company.

rbtnt 08-04-2004 09:34 PM

I would buy another one if I were looking.

Turbojack 08-05-2004 06:44 AM

When I received my new eliminator I had some minor problems with it & was worried that Eliminator would not step up to the plate. My worries were unfounded since Eliminator took care of problems without question.

I have friend that has a 28 & I am looking at upgrading to one.

Clay Washington 08-05-2004 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Turbojack
I have friend that has a 28 & I am looking at upgrading to one.

Jack, If you are looking to sell your Daytona, let me know. You have an awesome boat! :cool:

Chuck 08-07-2004 10:48 AM

I had a 25 daytona and it was a great boat. My only complaint is that the deck flexes when you walk across it in comparison to my new spectre. You will not find better paint and gel work anywhere. P.S. I am working a deal on a new boat and am looking to sell my spectre. 2003 30 Spectre, twin 496 H.O.'s, XR drives with brand new sportmaster shortys, new P5X Hydomotive 5 blades, Grafik EFX Paint, XM stereo with 2 subs and 2 amps,Tripple axle Performance trailer with toolbox, a legit high 90's boat, and the best part yet is 5 years of Mercury warranty on motors and drives. Let me know if your interested. Good Luck! oh yeah, freswater only, 100 hours, and never in the water overnite.

Sean H 08-07-2004 11:00 AM

How much for the Spectre?

Downtown42 08-07-2004 11:20 AM

Never owned one but 2 friends have. Good, safe, fast boat.Been owned for a long time, 30yrs?