Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Do people hate Houston?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/84583-do-people-hate-houston.html)

tomtbone1993 08-05-2004 12:17 AM

Do people hate Houston??

I get two or three calls weekly, showing intrest about my Sea Ray. But no one will come down and look at it. I just don't get it. I got two calls on my Fountain, the second call bought the boat. What the hell is going on? I was just wondering if the rest of the U.S. thinks Houston sucks? thanks for any input. Tom

Clay Washington 08-05-2004 07:57 AM

Re: Do people hate Houston??

Yes... Houston sucks, but Austin rocks! :cool:

garysol1 08-05-2004 08:01 AM

We flew into Houston a number of years ago.....we had accepted a position at a local Pharmacutical plant and we went to find a home. We got to our hotel in Sugarland and promptly called the company and said thanks but no thanks and flew back to TN the same day.

Dueclaws 08-05-2004 08:08 AM

Tom-
I was born and raised in Houston so I may be biased. Personally, I don't think it's anything about Houston that is causing your results. I've never let my dislike for a "city" stop me from going to look at a boat. Funny though, I've never bought a boat in Houston. Mostly because there wasn't anything here of interest: in my price range. Bruce Bullock is a good friend, but I don't want to spend that kind of money for his Skaters.

Some haven't been to Houston in a while and don't know that parts of the city have made positive changes to become fun and class acts. Downtown has dramatically changed: fine arts, great sport arenas, light rail, luxury inside-the-loop living, the best medical center, etc. The Clear Lake (now Bay Area Houston) area Kemah Boardwalk is quite an attraction: although, as a local, I avoid it (too crowded).
Best of luck selling the Sea Ray!
Due

robyw1 08-05-2004 08:21 AM

Houston sucks period. Tomtbone where can I see that Sea Ray ad?

Roby

tomtbone1993 08-05-2004 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by robyw1
Houston sucks period. Tomtbone where can I see that Sea Ray ad?

Roby

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=26432

robyw1 08-05-2004 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dueclaws
Tom-Some haven't been to Houston in a while and don't know that parts of the city have made positive changes to become fun and class acts. Downtown has dramatically changed: fine arts, great sport arenas, light rail, luxury inside-the-loop living, the best medical center, etc. The Clear Lake (now Bay Area Houston) area Kemah Boardwalk is quite an attraction: although, as a local, I avoid it (too crowded).
Best of luck selling the Sea Ray!
Due

The funny thing is though if we ever get a major hurricane worse than Allison then the flooding will be devastating. This city sits very low and I was amazed that my GPS had some parts of Houston below sea level. I thought it was screwed up until I was sitting at Cadillac bar in Kemah and it said I was at 7 feet.

Roby

BattleCry 08-05-2004 11:08 AM

Houston SUCKS! The lay-out of the city is crap. Traffic is CRAP! When driving in Houston don't look for a turn signal because its not coming. Constant use of the middle finger out the window and the other hand on the 9mm while driving with your knees.

Austin Rocks. Tall blonde beautiful women with southern accents. YEAH BABY!

robyw1 08-05-2004 11:20 AM

Hate to say it but I have to agree with Battle Cry

Roby

FountainCS 08-05-2004 11:34 AM

Ex wife is from Houston....nuff said.