Scale model of your own powerboat ?? >

Scale model of your own powerboat ??

Notices

Scale model of your own powerboat ??

Old 01-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Scale model of your own powerboat ??

This one is Charlie McCarthy's.
Attached Thumbnails Scale model of your own powerboat ??-59001top_banana_charlie_mccarthy-med.jpg   Scale model of your own powerboat ??-img_0119_resized.jpg  
Old 01-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Re: Scale model of your own powerboat ??

Team Banana's
Attached Thumbnails Scale model of your own powerboat ??-b73-team-banana.jpg   Scale model of your own powerboat ??-port-edgewood-005.jpg  
Old 01-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Scale model of your own powerboat ??

Originally Posted by baronmarine
for you apache guys sabre marine has a mold for a r/c 41' that about 4 1/2 - 5' long
it's real cool running
I have one of these that needs to be finished !!! Any of you model guys want to take on a small project ??? It's done mechanically .... just needs the "cosmettics" done !??!??!?!
Old 01-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Scale model of your own powerboat ??

That is faster then some peoples boat 35-40 mph .Great job
Old 01-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
I have one of these that needs to be finished !!! Any of you model guys want to take on a small project ??? It's done mechanically .... just needs the "cosmettics" done !??!??!?!
Pm me with details??? Thanks
Bob
Old 01-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Registered

sounds like a great idea to me I would by one
Old 01-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

There was a member that was working on scale boats two years ago. These are the only shots I have. I don't know what happened to the project.
Dan
Attached Thumbnails Scale model of your own powerboat ??-boat-pics-012.jpg   Scale model of your own powerboat ??-fountain-001.jpg  
Old 01-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Scale model of your own powerboat ??

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
http://www.2scale.com/

though you might like this site.

I thought about getting my dad a scale model of his boat for his b-day, but he's selling it now so maybe ill do it for the next one. Or get scale models of his first couple boats as a memento.

the sculpting machines that you're reffering to, are they the onle that 3D print with a type of plastic, or cut away from a piece of metal? Both are pretty cool.
Cool! What a great gift idea! Thanks for the link!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott B
LOL, that was some funny stuff... what did you ever do with it anyway??

I have a card somewhere. There is a guy making models of various performance boats already. He has done the 33ZX and a Classic as I recall, and maybe a Scarab. I will see him again at Mount Dora in March, will get his website if i do not find his card in the meantime...

Did you ever have any luck finding this guys card?
I am very interested in a 33ZX model.
Thanks
Old 10-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftgreen
Every where you look at hobby stores or toy stores you see die cast/ or plastic models of bikes,cars,monster trucks, go-carts,dragsters,lowrider bikes,etc ... but I have never seen any good realistic models of powerboats. I'm not talking about r/c models, but die cast, or even the kind you can put together such as plastic models. I would like to get some peoples opinion on wether or not this would be a good idea for a side job. Here is some background info about me. Im a 3d designer/web designer/graphics designer. I work for a game company called icarus studios at RTP modeling there in-game objects. I also work for a company called JadeLEarning INC designing illustrations for there online college course books. I also know CAD, I wanted to get on with Fountain's design team, but I can't move to washington yet. Anyhow there are sculpting programs that will literally sculpt out what I design on the computer, miniture scaled down versions of boats, or cars, anything. These machines are exact, what I create on the computer is exactly what comes out in either wood/plastic/foam/ or pvc whatever I choose. If I knew there would be a demand for something like this I would jump on it and make a website for it and everything. For example, If you owned a Cig TopGun and wanted a scaled down version that you could take to work or just have to put on a mantel. I am even going to do custom trailors that fit the boat as well so they will have something to sit on.
Any thoughts ? ? has this been thought of before? I would love to be able to go online and order scaled versions of my favorite offshore boat. So im really considering in doing this. This may be crazy but it's no big deal, just something I would like to do.

here is an example of a donzi zx im modeling, I plan on doing my own custom paint for it, I will make it just like the real one, with all the nuts and bolts. I just started on it so its not painted yet nor have I put the engines/drive and cabin in, but it gives you an idea of what it is looking like.

I wanted to ask this a long time ago but never had anything to show for.
Thats way cool!! What computer program is that?

Quick Reply: Scale model of your own powerboat ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.