Poor Me, Poor Me, Pour Me another >

Poor Me, Poor Me, Pour Me another

Notices

Poor Me, Poor Me, Pour Me another

Old 09-25-2004, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor Me, Poor Me, Pour Me another

Pardon me, while I cry in my beer. As my styling excercise on the hull of the Ocean Express draws close to an end,I begin to set a "budget" for my motors and interior.It makes me realize that my "Days on the water vs. Money spent" ratio is probably one of the worst around. When the O.E. is done in the spring? of 05, I estimate out of pocket expenses will be about 125k. Not too bad considering the wife and I do all the labor. She says 140k but what does she know? Over the 7 years of ownership we have replaced cams, engines,gas tanks,fiberglassed,had the trannies done,put new axles on the trailer and taken about 10 rides on the boat. That makes about 12,500 per ride. I have also met some of the nicest people,made lifetime friends,learned alot about boats,,and I still love the boat. But really!!!! Anyone got a story that would make me feel better. If so,,Iwould love to hear from you. Thanks for listening,I'm going to get a beer
Old 09-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Poor Me, Poor Me, Pour Me another

I havent been in my boat in over 3 years. It is a 1982 Excalibur Hawk 40 that we bought about 8 years ago. We ran/broke/fixed for 4 years then decided to to a rebuild on both engines and redo the interior. From there it got a lot worse. We gutted it. I have lots of pictures in my signature.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Registered

I checked out your pics. Very,very nice. You give me hope. What size engines? Gene
Old 09-25-2004, 08:28 PM
T-N-T Sales

Mr Kat, I would love to see the boat in person. I'll be there Thursday.

Old 09-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Registered

Mr T.N.T. Fantastic! I will try to have it done by then. gene
Old 09-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Phatkat- they are 572ci 650 hp. Im trying to go for a ride before the end of the year.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Registered

Looks like you will make it. I would like to stay N/A on my 540's but I think I will need more cubes. 572 and 650 sound like good numbers, best of luck.Gene
Old 09-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pour me Pour me , sorry I misunderstood the thread I can't answer your question cause Mr P likes to keep me in the dark about the costs of his "necessary engine upgrades" Good Luck, where in MI do you boat?
Old 09-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

we have a 1978 19' baron for 19 years now,looks like a donzi.i have had the motor in & out more times then i can rember. rebuilt the drive 3 times.cut the deck & move the seat forward to install a surface drive and trans. changed the couple and move the moter back. found a leftover deck from the builder change that to move the seat back.i told my wife i would sell it before i bought my last 2 boats 31 active, curent 28 check. and its still in my barn, have not used it in 4 years. but just like phakat i just love that boat it is so much fun. thank goodness less $$$ per outing.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Registered

Mr. Phatkat if I can help in any way I would love to. Would like to run side by side with you soon(spring). Call if I can help or if not I can watch and drink for you so you can get work done

Quick Reply: Poor Me, Poor Me, Pour Me another

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.