CHARLEY MAKES LANDFALL - FT. Myers

Notices

CHARLEY MAKES LANDFALL - FT. Myers

Old 08-13-2004, 10:15 PM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CHARLEY MAKES LANDFALL - FT. Myers

My wife Parents House is on the Peninsula Between Alligator Bay and The Myakka River Right off of Charlotte Harbor.I May have to Take Formula Outlaw up His Offer If We dont hear anything By tomarrow,The Wife is Worried.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails CHARLEY MAKES LANDFALL - FT. Myers-parents-house.gif  
Old 08-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the worse had passed, but we just had probably the strongest gust yet.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:00 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cuda, my wife has an uncle with a place Near Crescent city. seems like the storm path would take it near there. Any word?

Glad you are ok.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:18 AM
Banned

Cresent City is north of us. They should not have been affected much at all. Maybe a little wind and rain.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I went to bed about 11 and there was little wind and a slight drizzle ...Teressa was up and down almost all nite waiting for the blow but it never happened ..cloudy this morning and dead still ... think I'll buy 100 quick pics ....
Old 08-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Nick

Made it!!!!!
Power came back on a couple of hours ago, so all is good. Knew I made an error in judgement when I hung around and when the track turned east I started to get worried. Luckily for us the center was 15 miles or so west. We got some minor damage, but the boats ok and so are we. Looks like 2 more storms headed west and I wont make the same mistake twice. My thoughts are with the folks in Pt Char and Punta Gorda. Thanks for the thoughts all.

Dan
Old 08-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Banned

Good to hear from you Dan, I've been wondering how you fared.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Banned

My oldest friend from Ormond Beach is still without power. They say it might be a week. He is headed over here to stay with us.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dan, we're very happy to hear that you guys made it okay!!

I also talked to hugetime, they're fine as well.

Some of the footage I've been seeing is horrible, though...there's total devistation down there.

On another note, my folks live in Deltona and they didn't fare so well, their neighborhood suffered major damage as 95 mph winds whipped through there.

Originally Posted by DanB
Hi Nick

Made it!!!!!
Power came back on a couple of hours ago, so all is good. Knew I made an error in judgement when I hung around and when the track turned east I started to get worried. Luckily for us the center was 15 miles or so west. We got some minor damage, but the boats ok and so are we. Looks like 2 more storms headed west and I wont make the same mistake twice. My thoughts are with the folks in Pt Char and Punta Gorda. Thanks for the thoughts all.

Dan
Old 08-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys, I am still here! No power, staying in Naples. Minimal damage to the homestead. Many of the neighbors did not fair so well. lots of downed trees and broken windows. Anybody on the street who has a pool the lani covers are shredded.

One of my large dock posts was SHEARED OFF! No idea why or how it happened. The stub of the post is barely sticking out of the top of the water.

I will back back up north in a few days. Will have some pics. Can't load anything form the hotel computer. Every hotel in Naples is filled with people without homes or electric.

I have many friends up in Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte. Several stopped down to the beach area yesterday to see how I was doing. They cannot beleive the damage. From hat they say the body count will be a lot higher than 13 as I last heard on the news this morning.

Even Naples has damage on just about everyblock. Mostly trees, signs and windows. Nothing like Fort Myers where the damage is everywhere. Watching the shots of what happened to Sanibel and Captiva and Port Charlotte is unbelieveable.

Last edited by expresscat39; 08-15-2004 at 05:38 PM.

Quick Reply: CHARLEY MAKES LANDFALL - FT. Myers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.