Notices

The Matworks Ltd.

Old 08-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up The Matworks Ltd.

I highly recommend The Matworks Ltd. Here's my story:

A few weeks ago I was having some challenges with a replacement carpet for my Formula 357 SR1 that I ordered from Matworks. After returning the second carpet (the first one was the wrong color and the second one was not cut to match the old carpet) I got a call from a Matworks representative telling me that they couldn't do what I was requesting (make the 180 degree cuts required to replicate my old carpet). We figured out an alternative and although it wouldn't be an exact match I told him I would make it work. A few days later I got a package from Matworks that contained nothing but my original carpet. I had paid the extra shipping plus the price of the carpet and went through the trouble of dealing with it and all I had to show for it was my original carpet. I was not a happy camper. I then learned that the carpet they were supposed to ship back to me could not be located and had probably been destroyed. I was livid. I posted a thread about my negative experience with Matworks on OSO which was quickly followed up by some comments from other OSO members who all had very positive experiences with Matworks. Later that same day a got a phone call from Michael Gelb, President of Matworks. Needless to say I was surprised and impressed by his rapid response. He apologized and told me he would take care of me. So I skeptically shipped the carpet back to Matworks for the third time. It only took a few days to receive the replacement carpet back (their turn around time is incredible). THE NEW CARPET IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Perfect color, fit and great quality. Having new carpet in the cockpit really makes a difference. I couldn't believe the effect that new carpet had on the overall look of the boat.

I think that during the time of my challenge Matworks was making some personnel changes in the Marine division which had a lot to do with my experience. But, they really came through in the end.

Mr. Gelb's response was quick, courteous and efficent. Moreover, he promised that he would make the new carpet for me for free. When I received my credt card statement a few days ago I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had a full refund from Matworks. (I was happy enough with the carpet and I had forgotten about the refund). Michael Gelb and Matworks really came through and did exactly what they promised. I am extremely happy with the end result.

I highly recommend Matworks and also OSO. If it wouldn't have been for my posting here Mr. Gelb wouldn't have had the opportunity to make things right. Both OSO and Matworks came through for me. All hail the power of OSO!

Last edited by bford1; 08-13-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Matworks Ltd.

Glad to see they were able to rectify the issues and make the carpet as you needed.

Todd
Old 12-12-2006, 06:43 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Glad you got yours fixed cause after the third time they got mine wrong they told me to take my business somewhere else.I gave them three temp plates and they put the boat name on the wrong way too.Sorry but they couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions where on the heel.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike is top notch and would never consider using anybody else.

Beau
Old 12-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Registered

Re: The Matworks Ltd.

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Mike is top notch and would never consider using anybody else.

Beau
I agree GREAT work. good mats too.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think we are missing the point of why this post was recently brought back!!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Is it just me, or are more psycho-stalker type hoes bobbing...I mean popping up on the board this fall?

Did anybody catch the catfight in the Velocity forum a few weeks ago?

I am always glad to hear of an over-and-above experience with a vendor!

That is, from a boater not a pin-cushion.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Registered

If anyone ever needs boat carpet, you can contact Michael Gelb @ MATWORKS.COM, or get in touch with me. As a represenative of MATWORKS, I will, as Michael does, make sure that your carpet is as expected. It is very easy to get things mixed up as to which side of the carpet is the top and which side is the bottom. We also do cars and trucks too. Embroider your boat name or truck make in the carpet for that custom look. We will be at the Miami Boat Show as always, so come check us out.
BTW, I have carpet that is ten years old and still going strong.

Robert
Old 12-13-2006, 11:15 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tonto,

Can you make something like this??
Attached Thumbnails The Matworks Ltd.-p1010005.jpg   The Matworks Ltd.-p1010006.jpg   The Matworks Ltd.-p1010007.jpg  

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 12-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Question Re: The Matworks Ltd.

Originally Posted by Rippem
Did anybody catch the catfight in the Velocity forum a few weeks ago? .

Which cat fight, did I miss something? I must be slipping over there on my favorite forum.