New Slingshot or my 30 Spectre???

Notices

Old 08-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made a deal last week to trade in my Spectre for a new 388 Slingshot. Although this post should have been before the deal was made, never the less I would like to hear from some 388 owners as to their likes and dislkes. I made a trip to the factory 2 weeks ago and was very impressed with the construction. The owner spent the whole day answering my questions and showing me the entire building process. I have to say that him taking almost a full day for one potential boat sale really impressed me. The reason I'm making this post now is I just got back from the 1000 Island poker Run with the Spectre and I really had a blast and it performed flawlessly. I'm coming down with a small case of buyer remorse. Looking forward to your responses, thanks- Chuck
Old 08-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New Slingshot or my 30 Spectre???

Chuck, what motors in the Hustler ?? 525's I would assume. The hustler is going to be a better all around boat for you. Just make sure they put quiet exhaust on it for you so you can enjoy Lake George w/o getting harrased to bad

Bob
Old 08-16-2004, 07:34 AM
Registered

388 Slingshot is a quality product. It is put together with care and dedication by people who know what they're doing in a facility which allows them to make full use of their skill. They will not cut any corners in her construction.

I am not getting into handling, looks etc. because those are subjective issues. I have a very positive opinion about those aspects too but the above is what I can say while trying to stay absolutely objective... I honestly don't think you'll ever regret owning a 388.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:46 AM
Registered

Cat to a V, you need your head examined.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mr. Velocity, I couldn't help notice the nice boat on your lift. Thanks for the advice!! Not the first time that that has been suggested, nor will it be the last.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bob, Right now it is speced with the 525's but I want to see the pricing on the new 600. I hope your situation gets resolved soon, let me know if there is anything I can do.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
Bob, Right now it is speced with the 525's but I want to see the pricing on the new 600. I hope your situation gets resolved soon, let me know if there is anything I can do.
Greatly appreciated Chuck.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Registered

Chuck,

My Slingshot runs and handles great. I'm running a little more than stock power and it handles it like a champ (in case you were thinking about future HP increases). I haven't had any problems at all that weren't "self-induced"...

To be perfectly honest with you, I wouldn't trade my boat for any other v-bottom in the 38' range. Very fast with a decent cabin. Just my opinion and you know what they say about those.

PM me if you have any specific questions/concerns.

Later,
Dean
Old 08-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the info Dean
Old 08-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chuck, Every boat design has a "sweet spot". My opinion is that for the Great Lakes, you'd be hard pressed to find something better at a comparable price. The length allows you to take on some big choppy waves and it doesn't rattle and sound like it's going to fall apart. It actually gets boring in the bigger water. Just stab it and steer. I was just out on Lake Ontario with mine. It's got the 800SC's, Hubers, Speedmasters,etc. This will sound crazy, but my only criticism is that my boat is underpowered. That hull can easily use a lot more power than I'm throwing at it. I'm on my fourth season with it and always come in with a smile on my face. Other than routine maintenance I've had absolutely no problems with the boat or drive train. I ran into Brian Ross in Alexandria Bay five years ago who was campaigning a Slingshot for a number of years at the time. He spoke highly of the boat and the support he was getting from Joe and Chip at the factory. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have---Lou

Quick Reply: New Slingshot or my 30 Spectre???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.