Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   whats is your Best I wrecked may batteries story (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85301-whats-your-best-i-wrecked-may-batteries-story.html)

klaw 08-16-2004 11:46 AM

whats is your Best I wrecked may batteries story

5 boats were rafted out for fireworks we all spend the night so we could party hard
So naturally the guy with the biggest stereo plays it so I put both batteries into it till they died they shut them off for a little while till they cam back for a little more music did this twice next mornoing a jump would not even help nbatteries were cooked I borrowed a battery from on of my buddies boat got home now have two of the monster optimas

But it was for the greater good Girls gotta dance

OldSchool 08-16-2004 12:08 PM

Re: whats is your Best I wrecked may batteries story

:D :D :D

Good one Gary!!! When are you coming down our way?

HyperBaja 08-16-2004 12:28 PM

Had the thing a few months, boat sank, then it broke. Got a full refund, walmart needs to make better marine batteries :( ;)

Dock Holiday 08-16-2004 12:32 PM

My two interstate batteries were in great shape until about a month ago.

The wife and I docked at the local Yacht Club for a relaxing evening. Hooked up the shorepower, turned on the Air Conditioning, had a nice dinner, returned to the boat and watched a DVD movie. We had the television & DVD on, the fridge and some cuddy lights.

What we did NOT have on was the battery charger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up about 5AM because the carbon monoxide detector was chirping.

I tried for thirty minutes to figure out what was wrong with that thing, there definately was not a danger. At that point I was awake and grabbed the remote to turn the televison on and it did not work. I thought the batteries were dead in the remote and got back up and the TV would not come on at all. Then I realized that nothing was working except for the A/C. Then I notice the battery charger is NOT on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are DEAD!

Turn the battery charger on for a few hours and get everything going again, but the batteries were not the same.

I replaced them two new batteries last weekend!

Rule #1 Turn the battery charger on before anything else!

glassdave 08-16-2004 12:35 PM

last weekend i stayed on my boat in the marine and ran the power down using it all night so smart guy that i am i put the charger on so i could use the boat the next night. got back later that day with a ckick i was taking out only to find i had put the charger on the wrong battery, port side was still dead and i dont have a 3 way switch. had to get the cables out an jump it with the other motor :rolleyes:. thank good i have twins.

sure wish she had a twin :D

fund razor 08-16-2004 12:40 PM

Dave, check your PM.

And while I'm at it, I fried one the same way once.

Lmarth 08-16-2004 01:09 PM

This didn't happen to me and fortunately ended well (Kinda). A few guys/girls went out on Lake Ontaio one night a few years ago in a small boat. They turned off the motor, turned on the stereo and started partying. Many hours later they passed out/fell asleep. When they woke up at dawn, the battery was dead and 4 to 6 footers. They were rescued offshore just before the boat swamped and ran aground.

PhantomChaos 08-16-2004 01:19 PM

Are people wasted when they type the title of their posts???? :D

Dock Holiday 08-16-2004 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Are people wasted when they type the title of their posts???? :D

I have noticed a lot of that lately!

It does make you read the thread though!

jtmiller02 08-16-2004 01:39 PM

looks like the batteries weren't the only thing that got wrecked :D:D:D