Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hurricane Relief (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85304-hurricane-relief.html)

Wardey 08-16-2004 12:15 PM

Hurricane Relief : PAL of Sarasota

I will be making a run down to Sarasota this Wednesday taking down some supplies. If anyone wants to contribute please let me know. Thanks, Dave Warden

From the APBA :

Attention South Florida Teams -

Keith Muncy, one of our offshore racing family members with the A Class Velocity/P.A.L. Racing Team has submitted the following request for help. We thank any of our racers and fans for any assistance you might be able to give.

>From Keith - - -
The Police Athletic League, in conjunction with Sarasota High School, will be collecting items for those families affected by Hurricane Charley. PAL will be collecting the following items, with a focus on children: New school appropriate clothes, bathroom items such as toothpaste, wet wipes, diaper rash cream, baby formula, diapers, bug spray, sunblock. We will be receiving items from 9-5 this week until Friday at the PAL Sailor Circus arena 2075 Bahia Vista, 941-316-8108. If you have any questions please call the PAL office. Thank you.

Lt. Keith Muncy
Director
The Police Athletic League
of Sarasota County, inc.
941-316-8108

Outlawcowgirl 08-16-2004 01:57 PM

Re: Hurricane Relief

Dave,
I can send you a check. Let me know!
Carrie

Wardey 08-16-2004 09:34 PM

ttt

Wardey 08-17-2004 11:04 AM

Hey Carrie, Thank's but that is what I like about PAL. They just want kid's clothing and etc... They are not asking for money just clothing and kid's items to help out. I really appreciate the offer tho. I have a load to bring down with me tommorow and if I can't fit all of it in my truck I am going to come back up and load up the box trailer and make another trip. This could have been the Tampa / St. Pete area. They took the bullet for us and we need to help them out some way. I'll let you know later on but once again, thanks for the offer. Dave Warden

CigDaze 08-17-2004 11:24 AM

I bank with Suntrust so when I was there I found out that local residents can also go to any area Suntrust location and write a check to the Hurricane Charley Relief Fund to help those folks down there.

Wardey 08-17-2004 09:53 PM

Thanks Nick and Carrie, I really can't beleive that only 5 posts on this thread !!!! This sucks !!! At least I can sleep tomorrow night knowing I helped kids and people that have lost everything out. :hothead: Dave

CigDaze 08-18-2004 08:00 AM

I hear ya, Dave. I feel better knowing I did what I could. :)

Outlawcowgirl 08-18-2004 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Baja Daze
I bank with Suntrust so when I was there I found out that local residents can also go to any area Suntrust location and write a check to the Hurricane Charley Relief Fund to help those folks down there.

Can you get me the address of that bank so I can send them a check?

CigDaze 08-18-2004 09:01 AM

They have many:
www.suntrust.com

Outlawcowgirl 08-18-2004 09:10 AM

Thanks Nick.