Notices

I've resorted to ebay!

Old 08-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default I've resorted to ebay!

Since the numerous ads I have put out on my boat (OSO, boattrader, salty dog, speedwake etc) haven't gotten me anywhere a friend recommended that I put the boat up on ebay.

Anyone have positive experiences with selling boats on ebay? I'm skeptical.....
Old 08-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I've resorted to ebay!

I doubt that you will sell it that way but you may find a interested buyer that will want to get serious after the auction.

Jon
Old 08-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i got my latest boat on boat on e bay, and i know you don't want to hear this but i got a great deal on it
Old 08-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I doubt that you will sell it that way but you may find a interested buyer that will want to get serious after the auction.

Jon
I'm into old fashion transaction based selling. You know, come check out the boat, talk about it, agree on a price, and close the deal.

We'll have to see what happens.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fact: If you have advertised the heck out of your boat all over and you have not gotten many calls or interested buyers, your price is probably too high.

When I ran Typhoon, I told everyone who wanted to sell their boat we needed to agree on a price first before I would agree to sell it.

I HAVE BEEN THERE WITH MY OWN BOATS! You spend tons of $$$$$$$$$$ on your boat and you want only a fraction of what you put in...unfortunately most $$$ you invest will never be recouped.

Just my $.02 - try dropping the price first and see what results you get. Also, check NADA... if you are trying to get more than average retail, it will be a long slow road to sell your boat.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll start......I bid $2,000.00.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by DaveP
Fact: If you have advertised the heck out of your boat all over and you have not gotten many calls or interested buyers, your price is probably too high.

When I ran Typhoon, I told everyone who wanted to sell their boat we needed to agree on a price first before I would agree to sell it.

I HAVE BEEN THERE WITH MY OWN BOATS! You spend tons of $$$$$$$$$$ on your boat and you want only a fraction of what you put in...unfortunately most $$$ you invest will never be recouped.

Just my $.02 - try dropping the price first and see what results you get. Also, check NADA... if you are trying to get more than average retail, it will be a long slow road to sell your boat.
Dave, I do my home work!! I have the boat listed below NADA and BUCVALUE.

Last edited by Panther; 08-18-2004 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Since the numerous ads I have put out on my boat (OSO, boattrader, salty dog, speedwake etc) haven't gotten me anywhere a friend recommended that I put the boat up on ebay.

Anyone have positive experiences with selling boats on ebay? I'm skeptical.....
I'm at about that point, also...She's got to go!
I, too, am below the averages...

There are quite a few boats on e-bay, it's got to be working for some.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
RON, I do my home work!! I have the boat listed below NADA and BUCVALUE.
Ron? ... Think that's Dave

Panther, I've tried to sell couple big ticket items on EBAY and have found that making it a true $1 auction and 'no reserve' get the most attention, bunch of 'watchers', bidders and looks or hits. But for your protection, word the ad that "you are also listing the boat (whatever) locally and reserve the right to pull the ad if it sells locally. This way if if doesn't get to the price you're looking for you can yank it.

This way isn't the greatest, but it attracts attention, generates some phone calls, emails, and it'll cost you about $40 unless you go crazy with the pics and then it might be $45 or so. I have rolled the $40 a couple times and ended up wasting or pulling the ad One guy even contacted me after and said he was sitting on the auction ready to buy and I pulled it??!? He emailed me, I gave him my address and phone number and he ended up coming out and buying the boat!

If you need any help or advice, give me a call 732-300-5222.
Chris anytime, I'm in Joisey too
Old 08-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

NJ, thanks for catching my mistake.

Anyway, buc has it at $25,300, and NADA at $24,040. I'll let it go for less than that.

Quick Reply: I've resorted to ebay!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.