Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
is it true national marine ! >

is it true national marine !

Notices

is it true national marine !

Old 08-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: is it true national marine !

This scenerio is unfortunate but not uncommon in the boating world. These guys and these types of deals will resurface. When I first heard of guys buying a boat, taking it back because they did not like it after a month or so, getting another boat and repeatedly doing this 2-3times is absolutely unheard of.

A couple guys I know are so upside down, so big time, they could have went out and bought a brand new 46 skater, however they are still running a 2-3 year old boat with loans out the ying yang! 2-3 times the value of the boat!

In this situation, if you are not holding a title you are screwed.

If you traded a boat for another and took it back for another one you liked better and they gave you one to run until they got something else in you liked, you are screwed. Run the living P*SS out of it until they come and take it. You have no other recourse or will get no other satisfaction. Do not strip it or sell any parts! That is theft and you could be prosecuted by the floor planner!

Those of you who took your boat there for them to broker and it is not there? Good luck. If they filed to have it placed on their floor plan and filed a lost title or you gave it to them, you are out of luck, excuse me, you are screwed.

Good luck to all of you!

These guys can go to Nevada and be free and clear until they come back to the state where the crime was committed. Only certain states have extradition for these type of crimes.

GOOD NEWS> for what inventory is left on the floor plan there will eventually be a fire sale by the floor planner. Line up guys they will be cheap!
Old 08-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rumor has it that the Fed's shut down Nat'l Marine

Originally Posted by bern's 29scarab
I received a check from Nat'l for excess funds for the 29 scarab i bought from them last month. Just deposited check on thursday 8/12/2004 was notified today that check bounced $2500.00...and spoke with them 5 minutes ago and they cant issue any checks until situation rectified and they still owe me $2500 for sales tax. I was told POINT BLANK....THEY HAVE NO $$$$
feel lucky national owes me $25,0000 on a outerlimits i never got! get this they tried hard to get me to give them more a few weeks after the deal was made , I told them no way deliever the boat and i would give them a cashiers check for the balance. I evem talked to mike about national appeartly at that time national still had ol fooled!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:39 AM
Registered

Local Paper, Click on it to make it bigger.
Attached Thumbnails is it true national marine !-national.jpg  
Old 08-19-2004, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Scott I don't want to rain on your parade but something to keep in mind. If there is a bankruptcy action (voluntary or involuntary) the court can reverse any transaction that took place for up to 60 days prior to the filing. IE the judge could make your bank give the money bank. I think that is slim in this case but I would feel better if it had been paid off 90 days ago.

PS this isn't ment to be a slam toward national or anyone else. just trying to educate people as to what can happen when these deals go south.
Yes... if National paid some people,,, and not others.... it could be considered a "preferential payment"... and the court could demand the money returned... scary thought... they usually can go back 90 days...
Old 08-19-2004, 05:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CobraFountain
feel lucky national owes me $25,0000 on a outerlimits i never got! get this they tried hard to get me to give them more a few weeks after the deal was made , I told them no way deliever the boat and i would give them a cashiers check for the balance. I evem talked to mike about national appeartly at that time national still had ol fooled!
Try to call OUTERLIMITS direct. NM sold 28 of the 30 that were made. I am sure at this point that OL will be getting stuck with a few boats without homes. Seems to me that Outerlimits may be more than happy to forget $25,000 if you show thewm the paperwork. Afterall, they do not need the profits that NM was making anyway and you may end up with a better deal!

Last edited by expresscat39; 08-19-2004 at 05:34 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Troutly
I noticed that, too. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black
Ain't that the TRUTH! Guess he knows FIRST hand EXACTLY how these people work!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Yes... if National paid some people,,, and not others.... it could be considered a "preferential payment"... and the court could demand the money returned... scary thought... they usually can go back 90 days...

90 days for sure! Any refund checks to a customer would fall into that category, every check from NM even purchasing a boat from an individual and every vendor large or small with maybe the exception of the utility companies.

For you guys up to your eye balls in this situation, you can usually stall and negotiate with the attorneys when they are trying to collect. It also could take a couple years + to catch up with you. Depends on how big of a mess it really is. They will spend most of the time on the big $$$$$. They will threaten with anything they can thnk of that may scare you but at the end of the day they will settle. You cannot get out of it and it will not go away on it's own if it is conisdered preferential treatment. It is "THE LAW"!

In reality, those of you who have "LOANER" boats from them, legally you are in posession of the floor planner's property even if they have SOLD your trade or even have your TRADE/OLD boat on the floor. Once they have your title and send it to the floor planner, it is the floor planner's property.

Regardless if you recently purchased a boat form NM last week or last 6-7 months and have not received a title or MSRP, it is still the FP's property. You will receive nothing back.

If NM had their paperwork in order showing you have a boat, you will recieve a letter from the COURT to return the floor planner's property.
No if's and's or but's. Return it like they request or you will be in contempt of a court order.

Last edited by expresscat39; 08-19-2004 at 05:41 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shane
Ain't that the TRUTH! Guess he knows FIRST hand EXACTLY how these people work!

Now, now, let's keep it on the topic - crooks in Ohio - shall we?
Old 08-19-2004, 07:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Now, now, let's keep it on the topic - crooks in Ohio - shall we?
I love your quotaion: "Marine service summed up in 5 simple words:
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two"

Crooked Sales has to fit in there somewhere!

Hey, NM also HAD a place in Florida so just do not pick on the OHIO CROOKS. That is profiling! Al Gore, John Kerry, OJ or Jesse Jackson wouldn't like that.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is unbelievable! Talk about a snowballing...
I hope all of you who are in this mess can come out of it free and clear, but it's not sounding good.

Bob, who in the hell would have thought just a few months ago that this would be happening. I'm so sorry...

Quick Reply: is it true national marine !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.