NH ..Union leader Not Objective!!! >

NH ..Union leader Not Objective!!!

Notices

NH ..Union leader Not Objective!!!

Old 08-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NH ..Union leader Not Objective!!!

lol, yeah that poker run thread was a doozy, huh!? I bet if they had canoe races, you'd see all kinds of good press!!
Old 08-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do The Math.. ,maybe something like this...

Dear Ed, in responce to the article dated-____________ by _________, I would like to bring to your attention the following facts concerning boating on Lake Wini.
1) Large "cruiser" type boats create much larger damaging wakes than "offshore" boats do.
2)The speed at which a performance boat travels has nothing to do with safety on the lake if ALL boaters obey the rules of the water.
3) Nothing in Maritime law states that one type of boat is the "wrong" type and all other types as the "right" type of boat for use on a lake.
In closing, I offer to you and the author of the aforementioned article the opportunity to travel the lake with me on an "offshore" boat so that you may understand and properly present by way of a truthful article, the FACTS and not heresay and unsubstantiated innuendo to your readership.

Sincerely DTM

Last edited by Airpacker; 08-20-2004 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Registered
Gold Member

AP~

Now were talkin' getting some great food for thought.

I actually responded to the editors comments and asked him what it would cost me to take out an "ad" in order to publish the letter in its entirety... just considering of my options.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Registered
Gold Member

And here is his response to my taking out an ad inquiry:

You certainly are free to take out an advertisement if you wish, and I would direct you to our Advertising Department _ David Rousseau (ext. 241) certainly could assist you on the pricing. However, it might be considerably cheaper, and just as effective, to contact the author of the article, Roger Amsden _ at 366-2357 or 524-8078 _ to state your case, and, perhaps, get him to take another look at the situation from your perspective ... This is a contentious issue _ not just on the state's largest lake, but on others as well. Obviously there is a serious division: If not, there wouldn't be an issue ... I strongly recommend you approach Roger on this ... Ed

Hey... blownincome - sounds like we have an invite to bring up the case with Roger the author!?!?!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We went through alot of this type of crap back in the late 80's up here and many a letter was written. We as a group formed the Performance Boat Club of Canada to give a somewhat united voice to our concerns over unfair vilification. Many cottage associations were lobbying for speed, size, horsepower limits etc. One thing that worked well was actually bending over backwards to get law enforcement on our side. We litterally rammed that fact that we were the good operators out there, not the problem ones down their throats. Research all the reported accidents on the lake in the last 10 yrears, make a spread sheet or a big colorful graph to show who f's up more often. challenge them with FACTS FACTS FACTS. Form a Lake Winni perf boat club. Then one mans pen as per say will truley speak for many voices. It can and does work. We were invited to speak with the Canadian Coast Guard when they were drafting new marine waterway laws here at the end of the 90's. Not one new law hurt the perf boat crowd, well, with the exception of mandatory muffling devices that is.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey... blownincome - sounds like we have an invite to bring up the case with Roger the author!?!?!
WOOHOO!
THINK WE NEED TO GET HIM OUT ON THE LAKE AND SHOW HIM THE REAL STORY!
BOB
Old 08-20-2004, 03:38 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'd offer my boat for the ride but would embarrass myself not cracking 67 mph on fresh water