NH ..Union leader Not Objective!!! >

NH ..Union leader Not Objective!!!

Notices

NH ..Union leader Not Objective!!!

Old 08-19-2004, 05:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry NH ..Union leader Not Objective!!!

Read this Local crap!~

http://www.theunionleader.com/articl...?article=42520

Define Big Boat!!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:10 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: NH ..Union leader Not Objective!!!

That paper is actually very good and conservative.

That sap is another "since I can't get one no one should have bigger than what i can afford" syndrome... they' re all over. The guy might be an advertiser to the paper or they are catering to the masses again to make people feel good.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Show me one major boating area that is not less crowded during the week than it is on the weekend. The sail boaters on winnipesaukee.com must be having a field day with this by now.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by damdonzi
Show me one major boating area that is not less crowded during the week than it is on the weekend. The sail boaters on winnipesaukee.com must be having a field day with this by now.
What Kills me is the artical complains about wakes and large boats what does the 41 cruiser (water Plow) make!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, right up front, no offense intended toward any cruiser owners on the board, but...

That's TOTAL BS!!! It's not the "big, fast boats" that are the problem, it's the A-HOLES that buy the big cruisers and drive around at 10-20 mph that are the problem!! Do we need to have a bunch of "floating cottages" on the lake, cruising around at "the biggest wake I can possibly leave behind" speed, thus - by the time it gets to you, your boat or god-forbid your boat at your dock, hang on!! I sit and watch Cigs, Fountains, Formulas, etc go by every weekend, they are courteous and leave the smallest of wakes behind. Then along comes "you scratched my anchor" boat owner, plowing through with no regard for anyone smaller then he is, and sending everyone off his wake skyward!! So, I think that we need to contact Roger Amsden - the yahoo at the Union Leader that wrote the article and tell them they need to do a bit more research!! I know we are all sick of the "performance boaters" getting the bad rap, and in this case, I don't know how they can say a 41 Regal cruiser - HELLLOOO!?!?! is fine but a "fast boat" is not... Pisses me off to no end...!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

(DTM)Thank You I was waiting for you to chime in... My Feelings exactly!!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Most problems on the lake are caused by runabouts that run 55+. They dont acknowledge right of way and never look before they turn. It drives me nuts.

In most cases, the performance boaters here on winni have more knowledge than anyone else on the lake.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BI~

In all seriousness, I am going to send a note to the joker that wrote that article and "call him" on it. I just don't see how he can not only offer that info, but use an owner of a 41 CRUISER to substantiate it!?!?! Is he for real!?!? Better yet, the guy that owns the 41' Regal is saying - and I quote, (Paul and Shelley Polewarczyk of Sterling, Mass., get ready to head out onto Lake Winnipesaukee in their 41-foot cruiser). He said "he has noticed a lot of faster and bigger boats in the eight years he’s been on the lake." How about this PAAAAAUL... have you noticed all the additional floating CONDOS on the lake!? I suppose you think they are ok, but those guys in the "go fast" boats are reckless and an endangerment to all that is good on that lake!? Once again, let's pick on the performance boats... what a crock! (Good thing I don't have a blood pressure test scheduled for today!)

CowIsl ~

Do you by any chance have a place on the island? We have friends out there in a couple of different spots, (one on the "town" side and one on the Idlewilde side) and we are out there all the time, great place!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

DTM

we are on the idlewild side facing sandy island. Its a great place. Who do you know on the idlewild side?
Old 08-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

DTM .Just went over to Winnilakers.com and I had posted the same thing this morning they want to fire off a rebuttal.. It had my Irish up for most of the day !! between the union leader and the Marine Patrol don't know which is worse!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.