Fever Mike-Concept-Lightning Bay Marine >

Fever Mike-Concept-Lightning Bay Marine

Notices

Fever Mike-Concept-Lightning Bay Marine

Old 08-19-2004, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fever Mike-Concept-Lightning Bay Marine

I hear some are looking for me. I have tried to post here recently and sometimes the board let's me post and other times it does not. I just tried to post a reply to Will's post looking for me and was not allowed to post a reply. I do not even know if this post will get on the board. I have been banned from here for quite awhile and just gave up on this place all because I asked about a race permit. I got a call from Andrew Corn last month saying I have been let back in. Anyway if any of you would like to speak with me I can be reached at my office 813-926-1988 or you can post on any of the other performance boat website message boards.

I hear a few of you have questions about Concept boats. My boat was running perfect and the wife and I enjoyed it until it went to Lightning Bay Performance Marine in St. Petersburg FL last month for a 100hr service. Some mechanic at Lightning Bay Performance Marine stepped on one of the hoses that goes to the steering hydraulic ram and broke the fitting out. Of course Lightning Bay Performance Marine did not tell me this and let me find out yesterday when I put the boat in the water since the service for the first time. Plus Lightning Bay Performance Marine left all the grease marks all over my seats and interior...wife was PISSED! Just like we figured Lightning Bay Performance Marine blames this all on my marina. My Marina were I store my boat in the high & dry does not go on my boat at all and the boat was lifted from Lightning Bay Marines trailer right into high & dry storage. I have the on site mechanic at my high & dry trying to fix my ram but it looks like I will now need a new ram because the fitting stripped out when Lightning Bay Marines mechanic stepped on it. No boating AGAIN for me this weekend.
I have been real nice through many bad experiences with Lightning Bay Marine from the delivery of my boat when someone put water in my gas tanks and the engines stalled on the first splash on delivery day ( Concept Boats blamed this on the dealer and claimed no fault of there's) to the time when Lightning Bay washed my Garmin GPS with a harsh soap and ruined the screen and other issues and never said a bad word about them. I have given them many chances but now my wife and I have had enough. I know Dirtlawyer and Baja Daze here on OSO have had bad experiences with this dealer and warned me...I should have listened.

Will, I sent you an email to your hotmail addy.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fever Mike-Concept-Lightning Bay Marine

Mike, you are not the only one not enamoured with Lightining Bay's service. I was going to take my boat there when I was warned away by a good friend. I don't remember his exact problem.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Registered

Just for the record you were never banned.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That sucks Mike! Sorry to hear this.
At least you didn't get any cigarette burns?
Old 08-19-2004, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey at least you weren't banned, that's good news
Old 08-19-2004, 10:06 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome back Mike.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Registered

Mike there was a thread during that time period that got kind of ugly and 4 people were given a one week time out. We gave a warning about the controversy and said we would act if necessary. Can't remember if you were one but since it was a APBA vs OSS thread it is quite possible.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I never understood why it's so goddamned difficult for some mechanics to lay down some kind of cloth before they work.

That sucks. My cleanup was pretty easy compared to yours, Mike.

Anyway, nice to have you back, Mike.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OffshoreOnly
Mike there was a thread during that time period that got kind of ugly and 4 people were given a one week time out. We gave a warning about the controversy and said we would act if necessary. Can't remember if you were one but since it was a APBA vs OSS thread it is quite possible.
An OSS related thread got out of hand???? I can't imagine.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Fever Mike-Concept-Lightning Bay Marine

Welcome back Carter ! Miss rapping w/ ya - That boat had better be fixed I'm coming down there son - BH

Quick Reply: Fever Mike-Concept-Lightning Bay Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.