Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any Monroe guys know these boats? >

Any Monroe guys know these boats?

Notices

Any Monroe guys know these boats?

Old 08-23-2004, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Monroe guys know these boats?

I was riding/driving on a friends 30 foot Sea Ray crusier yesterday as a designated driver on the way home from Clamdigger's.

Heading towards Toledo west of the channel at about 30 knots and two boats approached from off my bow (port) basically running a parallel course.
About 100 feet from my bow the lead boat (faded red 211 Liberator) cut sharp across my bow from my port at about 45. His friend following in a white on white crusier followed him across my bow. Even though I was pulling back a little and turning to port to help them clear me, they almost hit the boat. There was no indication that they were cutting me off until there was no distance between us.

In 20 years I have never seen anything quite as stupid, and well, you know how many stupid things we all see out there.

I don't want revenge or anything, that's not what it's about. I'm glad that we are all ok after that one.

Just curious if these two sound familiar with anybody on the western basin. Faded red 211 Liberator with thru hulls, driver bald or very short cut. No name.
His buddy: White on white cruiser named "DIVI."

If nothing else, be on the lookout around North Cape and Detroit Edison for Kamikaze suicide boaters.

Best part: The guy in the Liberator came back and got within 10 feet of starboard to yell at us for flipping him off as he cut us off. His woman was mortified. I looked right at her and mouthed: "Don't ride with him. He's going to kill somebody."
I figured she had a little chat with him on the way home. His buddy in "DIVI" knew he was wrong and kept on moving.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Registered

Default Re: Any Monroe guys know these boats?

I don't know the boats but i can ask around for you if you want me too.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Registered

Default Re: Any Monroe guys know these boats?

Nah...

Not worth the effort. Just curious if anybody knew them so that they could give them some chit.