Notices

Thread Closed.

Old 08-20-2004, 09:27 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Thread Closed.

Do the honorable thing and hari kari this thread. It is pointless, inaccurate, and just plain stupid.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 08-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I actually have no idea who it is, nor do I care. We all had a chance to read the terms and conditions while signing up, and I think common sence tells you that he who owns the site dictates its content. So there is no reason to become a poodle over threads closing. We all would close a thread if our neck was on the line for possibly innacurate content that could be deemed slander on a public forum. At the end of the day the owner of the site is more responsible than the person posting the thread. Im just putting myself in Steves shoes for a minute and using common judgment. Unlike posting a thread about stopping threads on a site who stopped the thread that the thread starter dint want stopped...Dizzy yet
Old 08-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Registered

That is totally inappropriate we are paid members and as paid members we should not be threatened or talked to in such a manner.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Tick ... Tick.... Poof!

Rotflmao!!!!!!! :d
Old 08-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Registered

Hey does anyone want to take the bait? Start a thread?
Old 08-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
No, I actually have no idea who it is, nor do I care. We all had a chance to read the terms and conditions while signing up, and I think common sence tells you that he who owns the site dictates its content. So there is no reason to become a poodle over threads closing. We all would close a thread if our neck was on the line for possibly innacurate content that could be deemed slander on a public forum. At the end of the day the owner of the site is more responsible than the person posting the thread. Im just putting myself in Steves shoes for a minute and using common judgment. Unlike posting a thread about stopping threads on a site who stopped the thread that the thread starter dint want stopped...Dizzy yet
Lets be intellectually honest here... Steve has little or no liability for slanderous statements by members on his forum, that is just the excuse for poofing some threads that create inherent conflicts of interest. Fact is that although we as the forum members represent a portion of his income the advertisers do also but with the added benefit of being able to give percs that we dont have. Nothing wrong with that! The fine line that has be walked is that of avoiding the unjustfied bashing of advertisers while ensuring that scumbags arent taking advantage of his forum members. I submit that he seems to do a pretty good job although he errs on the conservative side when it comes to allegations about advertisers. This past week has been tough because alot of GOOD people with credibility on this forum have found out that they are in for a rough road. Unforunately at the same time OSO seemed to be trying to quiet the situation. Maybe next week will bring better news!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wasabe
That is totally inappropriate we are paid members and as paid members we should not be threatened or talked to in such a manner.
Phknlwyr doesnt mean anything by it.......
Old 08-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
Phknlwyr doesnt mean anything by it.......

No no no I'm talking about Mr. Soon to be Organdonor.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Josh, Mark must really have your panties in a wad.

Yeah Fever,That "thread closed" really set him off. He's all about freedom of speech and just plain FREEDOM. CENSORSHIP is not in his vocabulary..He'll chill by morning..
Old 08-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Organdonor
I'm going to buy a sponsorship on OSO that way I can F*CK you all out of your money. If you say anything bad about me OSO will close the thread, and if you persist to bring up the matter you will find yourself purchasing a new account on OSO in order to access it.

This is great and your going to love it because I'll make more money and so will OSO.
As a paying member of OSO when you get F*CKed by me or another advertiser on OSO smile because you supporting the Boating Industry
Check the Bad Business Section.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc

Quick Reply: Thread Closed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.