Notices

Merc Updates

Old 08-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Merc Updates

I talked to the rep at Merc HP today to see what '05 and '06 will bring in performance changes. He was willing to offer everything he knew and here is a brief summary:

1.) The HP525 EFI will continue through this period to be based off the 502 block. They currently are buying the blocks and cranks from various aftermarket sources such as Merlin and will continue to do so for the unforeseen future. The 496 block does not have enough aftermarket parts available for them to feel comfortable making the switch at this point.

2.) The replacement for the current HP 575 will be here January 2005 but the exact HP is not known yet. It will be a blower motor.

3.) Mercury has decided at this point not to test synthetic oils or synblends on V-6's and V-8's stern engines and will continue to recommend conventional oils until such testing is done.

4.) The 1075 is recommended to use conventional 20W-50 Kendall racing oil.

5.) A new drive may be in the works but not much is being said right now to bridge the gap between the XR and #6.

6.) Merc has their brand of a Synblend for 4-stroke outboards.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool Re: Merc Updates

Hey Hydrocruiser:
Let your rep buddy at Mercury know we have quite a few great aftermarket parts for the 496's, like heads, cams, intake manifolds, head bolts, forged pistons for N/A and suercharged, forged billet rods, forged cranks and some other neat trick parts. Just tell them to call me toll free (866) 496-8181, we'll set'um right up!
Ray @ Raylar
Old 08-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Merc Updates

Originally Posted by Raylar
Hey Hydrocruiser:
Let your rep buddy at Mercury know we have quite a few great aftermarket parts for the 496's, like heads, cams, intake manifolds, head bolts, forged pistons for N/A and suercharged, forged billet rods, forged cranks and some other neat trick parts. Just tell them to call me toll free (866) 496-8181, we'll set'um right up!
Ray @ Raylar
That's what I told them. Eventually 496's will rule!