Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Must be mid late August at Loto (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/85853-must-mid-late-august-loto.html)

Von Bongo 08-24-2004 06:41 PM

Must be mid late August at Loto

1 Attachment(s)
Because Callen Marine arrived today!

Sean H 08-24-2004 06:49 PM

Re: Must be mid late August at Loto

sweet.......

eyezlee 08-24-2004 06:59 PM

weather looks crappy. hope it clears b4 friday.

Chart 08-24-2004 08:13 PM

The rules state all boats must be launched on the boat ramp, not crained in. I'd like to see that boat launch off that trailer on the ramp, and more so the loading afterwards.

MitchStellin 08-24-2004 08:26 PM

It can be flaoted on and off, the trailer will lie flat when needed. I feel sorry for them having to use those ramps, with no dock it will be tough getting it back on.

Von Bongo 08-24-2004 08:34 PM

If you click on the picture you can see the large hydraulic rams used to tilt the trailer. Heck a couple of people with PWC's could nudge it back on in the calm waters at PB2.

Chart 08-24-2004 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
It can be flaoted on and off, the trailer will lie flat when needed. I feel sorry for them having to use those ramps, with no dock it will be tough getting it back on.

I wasn't very clear in my post. I know they flatten out (after studying one at MTI's factory -- very cool and made in rural southern MO, go figure) but dual axles usualy don't have water resistant bearings, and I'll bet the only place that trailer ever gets splashed is the Shoot out at LOTO.

It would be interesting to see a 50+ cat load on that trailer behind a semi, and then see it tilt afterwards.

MarkSmith 08-24-2004 08:37 PM

If you can't crain in then Miss Bud can't enter. Nobody has more pull than Augie.

Mark Smith

Chart 08-24-2004 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
If you can't crain in then Miss Bud can't enter. Nobody has more pull than Augie.

Mark Smith

The NO Crain rule was new last year to keep her out, after entering the year before to keep the title in the Bud family after Callan beat Bacardi.

Just assume the rule's still the same, but you're right about Augie.

MarkSmith 08-24-2004 08:47 PM

Your backyard not mine. I don't have a clue. I know tilt trailers can ramp launch. I am looking into a tilt trailer but the $85,000 price tag is keeping me from pulling the trigger. I thought I read that Miss Bud was allowed to run this year?

Mark