Notices

Carfax

Old 08-25-2004, 01:27 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Carfax

Can anyone look up this vin# ( 1GKEK63U72J286013 ) for me, the dealership that has it isn't being cooperative about giving me one.... they keep giving me excuses about the computers being down ....

S.G.
Heather
Old 08-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Carfax

They may also be required to give you the prior owners name and city. Not their phone number or address though. With the name and city you'd be able to look them up. I've found some very interesting things about the car I was about to buy from the pior owner.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:44 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

I have no clue who the prior owner is.... I will grill them tonight when I go with my checkbook I'm sure that will make them talk
Old 08-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Call the owner before signing! That's how I found out one vehicle was nearly totaled. I also found out that the shop that did the work went out of business just after the repairs and that she knew didly about cars.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

The only reason dealers don't give you a carfax on the car is becuase there is something bad on it...........Why would you hide anything that is OK?

LS JR.

PS-I think carfax is BS!
Old 08-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Yeah, Carfax is a joke. Friend here on OSO was looking into buying a Corvette on eBay. He actually won the auction, and went to pick up the car. Carfax was clean. Reason the car was being sold on eBay: everyone in town saw the OWNER of the dealership take the car out for a joyride and put it into the trees/bushes/mailboxes right in front of the dealership. He bought another car.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Registered

IT CAN ONLY WIND UP ON CARFAX IF A POLICE REPORT IS DONE ON IT OR IF SOMEONE FIXES IT WITHOUT REPORTING IT TO THERE INSURANCE CO. Because he was the owner of the dealership he had no paper trail or info reported to law enforcement so he kept it off the books. Its not 100% but in most cases it will show dirty laundry.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The report will only say something to the effect of being in an accident. It won't tell you what happened or how bad it was.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:50 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Well.... I like the truck... they gave me the carfax report, which looked good from what I see..... BUT

I am now more confused (and NO not because I'm blond).... Should I get the 6 year extended warranty for $4500

Anyone know anything about warranties and if this is a good deal? Ohhhhh and this isn't a GMC warranty, it is an aftermarket one
Old 08-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

Do not spend the money on an aftermarket warranty. If it makes you feel better, put that money in the bank, and you will have it for repairs if you need them.

Quick Reply: Carfax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.