Notices

It's Official.....She's got a new home in Miami

Old 08-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: It's Official.....She's got a new home in Miami

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
TSG, no offense meant. I just really love these staggered TG's and wanted to keep tabs on what it would take to get one. I remember what NEXT sold for and wanted to see if this was in the same range.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jody165
TSG, no offense meant. I just really love these staggered TG's and wanted to keep tabs on what it would take to get one. I remember what NEXT sold for and wanted to see if this was in the same range.

I gotcha. Thats just usually a very private issue.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

That is one sweet boat!

Rides like this keep selling, I don't feel so crazy, and I know why my Exxon/Mobil stock is doing well!
Old 08-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the nice comments. Got home late last night from Austin with the boat. Decided to take a road trip with my nephew, Mike, and one of his best friends to pick up the boat and celebrate Mike's birthday on Saturday. We had a great time Saturday on Lake Travis. We put six basically non-stop hours on the boat running around the lake. We even got stopped by a water cop because of receiving numerous complaints about a VERY LOUD cigarette boat running around. Now I know how Biggus feels. The cop was actually a cool guy and told us about the noise ordinance. Measured the decibels and said they were too high even with the mufflers on. Got a kick from his mouth dropping when he asked about the horsepower of the engines and I said "just over a thousand ." To which he replied in amazement"EACH?" However, because we were just trying out the boat before heading home, and because it was Mike's birthday, the officer let us remain in the lake and even told us about the cool places to go to, including a cove where all the people hung out and rafted together. It was a sight to see us cruising by and everyone just wanting us to come over.....nah, we kept running. The boat ran beautifully !!! I'll post some pictures of the trip back when I get them developed. Took some video of the boat running and that rooster tail, but don't know how to capture it to the computer.

Thanks to Larry (105 mph) for calling to keep track of the purchase and give great advice on towing and safety. Hope to see you down here soon. Now I just need to trade in the Rover for a F-250 or F-350

Anyways, if Frances would allow...hope to see everyone out this weekend.

Frank

Last edited by thedonz; 08-31-2004 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the nice comments. Got home late last night from Austin with the boat. Decided to take a road trip with my nephew, Mike, and one of his best friends to pick up the boat and celebrate Mike's birthday on Saturday. We had a great time Saturday on Lake Travis. We put six basically non-stop hours on the boat running around the lake. We even got stopped by a water cop because of receiving numerous complaints about a VERY LOUD cigarette boat running around. Now I know how Biggus feels. The cop was actually a cool guy and told us about the noise ordinance. Measured the decibels and said they were too high even with the mufflers on. Got a kick from his mouth dropping when he asked about the horsepower of the engines and I said "just over a thousand ." To which he replied in amazement"EACH?" However, because we were just trying out the boat before heading home, and because it was Mike's birthday, the officer let us remain in the lake and even told us about the cool places to go to, including a cove where all the people hung out and rafted together. It was a sight to see us cruising by and everyone just wanting us to come over.....nah, we kept running. The boat ran beautifully !!! I'll post some pictures of the trip back when I get them developed. Took some video of the boat running and that rooster tail, but don't know how to capture it to the computer.

Thanks to Larry (105 mph) for calling to keep track of the purchase and give great advice on towing and safety. Hope to see you down here soon. Now I just need to trade in the Rover for a F-250 or F-350

Anyways, if Frances would allow...hope to see everyone out this weekend.

Frank
You need the Floating Reporter!!!

LS JR.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohhhh...that's a picture of me standing in the engine bay. I spent way too much time there. Geeze, never thought that picture would end up on the internet! Glad you got the deal done. That boat needed a new home where there is room to roam. Lake Travis is not big enough for it.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered

Awesome... Very nice ride. I'm thinking about stepping up (getting rid of my center console) and getting something like that. I am having a funding issue right now though Purchasing an investment property. Congratulations and enjoy. Keep us posted. Let me know when you are taking it around elliott key or if you are ever down by Marathon to see if we can hook up.. Again... Congrats and nice boat !!! Nice to see some nice cops for a change too.. (Sorry Trout)
Old 08-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suki suki we got another one! Let me be the first to Welcome you to the Cigarette Club!

Congratulations!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Re: It's Official.....She's got a new home in Miami

frank, will be down your canal sep 9, will be in touch!
Old 08-31-2004, 11:12 PM
Registered

jody, if you have to ask............................................... ................

LS,jr. With engines and drivetrain like that, you need to add an extra "T" in the word "BOAT"
"BOATT", "BREAK OUT ANOTHER TEN THOUSAND", trust me, I KNOW!

Robert

Quick Reply: It's Official.....She's got a new home in Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.