Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend

Notices

Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend

Old 09-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend

I assume you are probably really staying closer to R2. I think R1 is on the Mountain side of the lake. If you are going down Rte 734 two your house I think there is a ramp at Mitchell's Point Marina. If it is not still there you may have to go up to the State Park.

Mitchell’s Point Marina 540-297-7174

Let me know, I think I have a map somewhere if you want me to scan it in and email it to you.

Last edited by Swede; 09-01-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey jim,friday nite we are stayin in,but we are getting a early start sat,we got the all nite babysitter both nites,sat we are thinking of staying on the boats after the worx,sun looks pretty cool too our neighbor is having her birthday party on her 50 foot houseboat yall can come to,it will be a blast we will just tie-up out in the channel,as far as access down near the dam? not quite sure should be a community ramp near there,give us a call when you get down or we will try to call u friday eve
Old 09-01-2004, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim nice to see you are bringing the 24 hour babysitter

Sweet looks like were going to have a fun weekend my cell # is 540-598-9455, give me a call or stop by we are at B-25.

WILL
Old 09-02-2004, 07:44 AM
Registered

27foutain,

Great to hear about your cousins, hope they're enjoying it very much, let them know if they ever need anything were here for them. I'd have left last night if I was coming down, really wanted to but as soon as the wife heard I wasn't going the honeydolist all of sudden grew leaps and bounds for the long weekend. I agreed to to the list as long as they fall in behind the boating and golf schedule which'll probably take the entire 3 day weekend.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:10 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Will, we'll look you up.

PS: How did you Ft Myers place hold up? Parents are out by the shell factory and got hit pretty hard.

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
Jim nice to see you are bringing the 24 hour babysitter

Sweet looks like were going to have a fun weekend my cell # is 540-598-9455, give me a call or stop by we are at B-25.

WILL
Old 09-02-2004, 09:18 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Talking Re: Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend

Swede-Man;

Thanks for the info. I'm going to search the GPS map for the pub. access. If I have problems I'll let you know. Should be OK though. We have to pick up our keys to the house at the Bridge so I can always put in there and drive over to the house.

We've only been up once before for the 4th week. Stayed at C2. We were the unfortunate ones to come up on the 48 fountain vs the Sea-doo accident which took that young girls life. My wife's a ER RN and jumped into action. Very sobering experience. We hope to have an uneventful weekend if you know what we mean.

If you see me out just flag me down!! I'm sure you can catch up!

Originally Posted by Swede
I assume you are probably really staying closer to R2. I think R1 is on the Mountain side of the lake. If you are going down Rte 734 two your house I think there is a ramp at Mitchell's Point Marina. If it is not still there you may have to go up to the State Park.

Mitchell’s Point Marina 540-297-7174

Let me know, I think I have a map somewhere if you want me to scan it in and email it to you.
Attached Thumbnails Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend-285_8560a-med-res-close-up.jpg  
Old 09-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Word of caution. I'm not sure if Waterwheel Marine(At the Bridge) is still doing this but when I was up earlier this year they were charging a $1 a foot to launch your boat.

Go to campers paradise down the road a couple miles. It's not as nice but it's only $3 total.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:44 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Hey question for all... What channel does everyone monitor on the lake? 68? Advise! Thx!
Old 09-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Registered

why dont everybody try to meet up sat on the water somewhere
Old 09-02-2004, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MWDILL

If everyone wants to meet up on sat during the day the cliffs is a fun place to do it, between B-25 and B-27 or just stop at our house B-25 the beach can accomidate 2-3 boats and the dock can take 2 before we would need to raft up. Plus those in the main part of the lake it will give you all an excuse to air it out a little. Lets say around 3pm???

WILL

Quick Reply: Smith Mountain Lake, VA... Labor Day Weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.