Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who Has The Best Lakes Carolinas Or Georgia And Why?       ? >

Who Has The Best Lakes Carolinas Or Georgia And Why? ?

Notices

Who Has The Best Lakes Carolinas Or Georgia And Why? ?

Old 08-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who Has The Best Lakes Carolinas Or Georgia And Why? ?

Looking several acres of lake front down south. Lake Lanier has caught my eye and need more input from other area's as well. Lake Norman looks inviting. Can anyone suggest and tell me why?
Stan
Old 08-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who Has The Best Lakes Carolinas Or Georgia And Why? ?

Shhhhhh...it's a secret

Lake Murray.com
Old 08-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Registered

Hi cig 1988, did you ever make it down to Lake Lanier, I know you were supposed to come back in May, was it? We never heard from you. Lake Lanier is great and their is still plenty of boating time, come try it out, you can stay at our house on the lake.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:32 PM
jtmiller02

murray is the shiz...i'm back in cola town now don't bother with the yankees (NC) or those nut jobs down in GA, SC is where its at

Old 08-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Registered

Hey Miller,
Who the F*CK you call'n a nut job? Just because YOU might not like boating in Ga. doesn't mean other people don't. I grew up here, and have been on Lake lanier longer than most people have been on this earth. Did you P!SS ME OFF, You're DAMN right! If you ever come down here, I hope the good ole boys from the lake don't take care of you!
Robert
Old 08-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Lanier is the bomb. I ended up returning for the summer from S.Fla if that says anything.

Of course I'll be returning to Fla.before the chilldown hits. My new plan is to split time Summers in Ga. , Winters in Fla.

Greg
Old 08-26-2004, 11:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tonto
Hey Miller,
Who the F*CK you call'n a nut job? Just because YOU might not like boating in Ga. doesn't mean other people don't. I grew up here, and have been on Lake lanier longer than most people have been on this earth. Did you P!SS ME OFF, You're DAMN right! If you ever come down here, I hope the good ole boys from the lake don't take care of you!
Robert
A bit touchy about our lakes are we?
Old 08-27-2004, 04:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

twin screws, We never made it down there but my wife and I were impressed with the hospitality from all of you from that prior thread. I had major back issues that put me out on disabilty for 3 months this past spring. Living on the lousy $170 a week and paying bills made it difficult to do what we were planning. Besides my boss screwing me out of vacation time to boot.
However, we just completed a market analysis on our home which has almost tripled since purchase in '99. Our plans are to purchase several acres of lakefront property and subdivide in the future as an investment. I would really like high ground with deep water that would not be affected by drought which is in high demand I would imagine. I was born and raised here on Long Island and really getting sick and tired of the taxes and conjestion. The farms out here are slowly fading away to homes and shopping centers with the inevitable rif-raf moving in. Prior to my desk job I spent over 15 years driving a semi and always enjoyed the south. Never had the time to check out the sites but now is the time.
twin screws, very kind of you to offer and perhaps we will most definetly look you up.

For the rest, keep 'em coming!
Stan
Old 08-27-2004, 06:44 AM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Hey JT, who are you calling a yankee? Last time I checked NC was BELOW the Mason-Dixon line. Boy, I warned you once before about this! American by birth, Southern by the grace of God and don't you forget it! You better take a geography class next semester...or else I'll let Tonto have at you.

Stan, North Carolina is great, you get all four seasons here. I'm on High Rock Lake which doesn't have a large powerboat population. Lake Norman has a lot of activity. The Lake Murray gang in SC is a great group too. And if Tonto is on Lanier, well, that alone says it's a good lake. Either way, move south!
Old 08-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ange
Hey JT, who are you calling a yankee? Last time I checked NC was BELOW the Mason-Dixon line. Boy, I warned you once before about this! American by birth, Southern by the grace of God and don't you forget it! You better take a geography class next semester...

Hmm. Last time I stood facing NORTH Carolina, I pulled out my handy dandy compass and it said that NC was NORTH of me yankee girl!

Unless you have a craving for catfish and cheese grits with sweet tea for Sunday dinner, you are a yankee!

Quick Reply: Who Has The Best Lakes Carolinas Or Georgia And Why? ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.