Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anybody know the latest on National Marine ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86059-anybody-know-latest-national-marine.html)

berns29scarab 08-28-2004 12:37 PM

Anybody know the latest on National Marine ?

I just made a recent purchase from them and was wondering if anybody knew the latest ?

otis311 08-28-2004 10:19 PM

Re: Anybody know the latest on National Marine ?

The last I talked with them on Thursday, everything was still tagged by the bank and nothing was leaving w/o filling out paperwork with the attorneys, so they can review before releasing. Sorta hard to operate under those conditions. I dont think much of anything is going on around there these days, athough ,I believe there are still trying to operate.

Call them and ask, and then let us know what they tell you

stecz20 08-28-2004 10:20 PM

otis how are you making out over there. i heard you were in a tough spot. hope all is well.... stecz

RJ1340 08-29-2004 12:18 AM

Rumor is they can't buy Cigarettes anymore. 'Course smokings bad for your health, anyway.

32 thunder 08-29-2004 12:27 AM

I hope this all works out for everybody!! As for them still trying to sell boats who would even trust these guys anymore!!

otis311 08-29-2004 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by stecz20
otis how are you making out over there. i heard you were in a tough spot. hope all is well.... stecz

I got my boat back, but all is not well at this point. Im going to reserve comment at this point until I see how the next few days play out. Lets just say that Im very disgusted with my whole dealings at National (to say the least)

tssteph 08-30-2004 04:59 PM

If the dealer has the title to a boat in their hand and you don't trade in a boat how can the deal go bad?

Maybe there are some good deals to be had for someone handling their own financing with no trade.

berns29scarab 08-30-2004 05:37 PM

here's how it goes bad...you trade your boat to him and you owe nothing on it. i go to buy your boat but he has put it on his floorplan in order to get X amount (value of the boat) in liquid(cash). i go and buy your boat and he never pays to have the title released from the bank doing the floor planning...I'M BEAT, and he's been paid twice for the boat.

berns29scarab 08-30-2004 05:39 PM

my trade-in is on his website and i have the title in my possesion. told him when i receive the monies owed to me i will forward him my title to my trade as well as registration to my trailer. i traded the 1992 22ft Avanti.