"My Way" Seized in NY. Weapons Found >

"My Way" Seized in NY. Weapons Found

Notices

"My Way" Seized in NY. Weapons Found

Old 08-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "My Way" Seized in NY. Weapons Found

The coasties asked me once if I had any weapons. I looked around and said in a low voice, "What do you need?".
Old 08-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Registered

Now that's humor, Cuda.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:56 AM
Registered

:d
Old 08-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Registered

Wow, I had no idea that a lot of you would carry on your boats. It's such a PIA in Canada to have a hand gun it's not worth the effort. You can only transport a handgun to the firing range locked up, seperately from your ammo I believe. I'm pretty damn sure you can't bring one on your boat.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:20 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Milord
Wow, I had no idea that a lot of you would carry on your boats. It's such a PIA in Canada to have a hand gun it's not worth the effort. You can only transport a handgun to the firing range locked up, seperately from your ammo I believe. I'm pretty damn sure you can't bring one on your boat.
Milord it is totally different hear in the states. It varies from state to state however so that can make it confusing. Like in NY and California it is very hard to get a permit. In MA it depends on what town you live in and you have to go see the gun controle officer in that town. He determins if you can have one or not and that is apealable. You also have to take a gun safty class. After that you are set and it is a permit to carry concealed. Other states you can just walk in with a license and buy although those states are getting few and far btwn. I rarely carry on my person as I just do not travel to locations that it is needed. Once I had it on the boat as I had gone shooting that AM and it is illegal in MA to leave your run in the car, so I took it out and tossed it in the cabin under the cusions up front. I am amazed that this guy fessed up with machine guns on board. That will be his demize. Not sure why but people get real touchy about machine guns. If you ask me in the hands of the wrong person a machine gun is basically useless. They are hard as hell to shoot (at leaste the ones that I have shot).

Jon
Old 08-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The report say's 22 people were on board? that can't be right? is it?

I never carry a gun, maybe it has something to do with where you live?
Old 08-30-2004, 07:32 AM
Registered

Back sometime in the 80's (I think), the US Supreme Court ruled that "home/domicile rights extended to an auto, boat, or airplane.

By Federal Law, whatever is good for your home extends thusly.

Unfortunately, state laws sometimes screw that up. Again check with your individual state. In DC you can stab someone and get off easier than if they catch you carrying concealed a handgun without a permit, which I believe is all but impossible to get there.

I get nervous driving on the interstate either in New York or New Jersey and will not even think about venturing into DC. Any place that gives more thought and consideration to criminals than law abiding citizens, I have absolutely no need to be.

In 91' driving from Maine to Florida, I screwed up and took I-95 through NY city. In going through what I guess was the Bronx, it was like a 3rd world country. Burned out cars, fires burning in 55 gallon drums, people hanging around that I couldn't even tell you what planet they were from. So of course, where did we get stuck in a traffic jam, right in the middle of that mess. Was driving a Saab Turbo SPG with dark tinted windows. Twice groups of 3 approached the car, twice I lowered the window just enough to display the barrel of the Baretta. Twice they turned around and walked away. It was a little nerve wracking. Couldn't get out of there fast enough. Now I always take the Tapan Zee bridge and avoid that "culture".
Old 08-30-2004, 07:47 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since it is an NYC new report and most of them wouldn't know a cap gun from a Howitzer I bet it was not a full auto AK. If you were going to have an illegal MG on board it would be well hidden and then you just show them the "decoy" guns. And if you were going to spend the cash and heartache to get a federal MG permit, why would you waste your time with an AK? I think the guy was going for "pizazz factor" and likely had an assault type shotgun, and Garand style .30, and a semi auto AK. Three guys standing on deck with those would tend to make even the most hardened criminals rethink their plan. I think that the farther you get from easy access law enforcement, the more likely you are to find weapons on board a boat. I have traveled on a 72 that could easily equip a platoon and keep them going for a 2-3 hour firefight
Old 08-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You never know?
Attached Thumbnails "My Way" Seized in NY. Weapons Found-gun-little-girl.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Registered

I NEVER carry a gun on my boat, but then I only boat on inland lakes.

If I were to cruise "offshore" in a large cruiser, I would have enough firepower to repel a pirate ship!

Quick Reply: "My Way" Seized in NY. Weapons Found

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.