Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
ENOUGH with this heat already!  I just ordered a new snowmobile.  Bring on the SNOW! >

ENOUGH with this heat already! I just ordered a new snowmobile. Bring on the SNOW!

Notices

ENOUGH with this heat already! I just ordered a new snowmobile. Bring on the SNOW!

Old 09-20-2004, 12:05 PM
blackhawk

Default Re: ENOUGH with this heat already! I just ordered a new snowmobile. Bring on the SNOW!

sre, yes it's a PSI 925 twin. Probably about 190 hp or so. Haven't had it on the dyno yet. Next spring I'm going to tear back into it and and I'm hoping for 210 hp on the dyno.

I have a friend that has a 1200 that is about 260 hp with and a crazy amount of torque(around 160 I think) and that's in trail trim! Who did the porting on your Price motor? Good luck and have fun dialing it in. 5.2 in 660 is flying! And yes, the acceleration on these things is awesome! Especially with the hook-up you get on grass.

Old 09-20-2004, 01:48 PM
sre
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ENOUGH with this heat already! I just ordered a new snowmobile. Bring on the SNOW!

Blackhawk,

My motor is being built by Mark Herek. He does a ton of Cat and Doo motors. It is not finished yet. I am basing my numbers off of Dan Hall's legal pro-stock 1000. He went 5 teens at the World Series last year. I figure we should have 15-20 more horse but obviously grabbing the belt is half the battle. If we can get it set up well, I think a 5.3 or less is feasible. On a Stalker STATS system these sleds hit 100 in 4 seconds or less!!!!

Your sled looks good. Is is still trailable?

Did you go to the Phat Man challenge this past year?

We should hook up at some of the outlaw races this winter or even a trail ride in the u.p..
Old 09-20-2004, 04:17 PM
blackhawk

Unfortunately I usually don't race in the winter. But I might break it out a time or two. I'm actually taking this year off of trail riding too. First year since 1994 that I won't have a sled. But I have way too much stuff to get done around the house I built. And it will never get done as long as I have some kind of sport to do year round!

It was trailable at one time. The throttle response on this thing is amazing. When it was in trail form I could stand up on the sled, hit a mogul a literally ride a "wheelie" over the next 5 or 6 moguls. It was crazy. But I got sick of switching it back and forth so I strapped it down, put the windowless grass track on with 240 chisels, dialed it in for grass and left it. It was a handful in the trails anyway.

Old 09-20-2004, 05:04 PM
yss
Registered

Angry Re: ENOUGH with this heat already! I just ordered a new snowmobile. Bring on the SN

Crashed my sled and almost died. Now I use the gator for transportation on the lakes. The thing that sucks is that it's about 110 mph slower than the sled was.
Attached Thumbnails ENOUGH with this heat already!  I just ordered a new snowmobile.  Bring on the SNOW!-jack-ryan-shaughnessy-2-040-medium-.jpg   ENOUGH with this heat already!  I just ordered a new snowmobile.  Bring on the SNOW!-ice-fishing-derby-003-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by yss; 09-20-2004 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
This is what Route 9N will look like if we get as much snow next winter as rain this summer.

Is that the highway to LOTO during spring break?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Registered

winter is getting closer.. new track extensions to a 136, tunnel extension, extrovert drivers, new 1.25" track with a few studs, windshield, shocks, springs, ski's, Now for work under the hood
Attached Thumbnails ENOUGH with this heat already!  I just ordered a new snowmobile.  Bring on the SNOW!-sled.jpg  
Old 09-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Traviss-wasn't that thing green last year?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Registered

nooooooooo it wasn't It had orange, yellow, grey **** all over it.. I made it all black, idler wheels, trailing arms ect... even took perment marker and blacked out the yellow stripes on the seat
Old 09-21-2004, 05:57 AM
Registered

Hey Traviss,

Sounds like you rebuilt the ENTIRE SLED! Lookin' great!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:49 AM
blackhawk

traviss, I have a couple friends that really know their skidoos if you need some help/parts for "under the hood".

Quick Reply: ENOUGH with this heat already! I just ordered a new snowmobile. Bring on the SNOW!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.