Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out. >

Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

Notices

Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

Old 08-31-2004, 07:11 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

Just a quick "Thank You" for everyone that came to the Shootout. LOTO is very fortunate to have this event and I feel even more fortunate to be a part of it. Where else can you find so many volunteers to work so hard to make this happen in such an awesome location such as LOTO? Thanks again to my sponsor (Anheuser-Busch), the firemen and their dedicated volunteers, the Missouri State Waterpatrol (for trying to keep the wakes down), radio station KRMS (93.5fm & 1150am) for their live coverage, and most of all to all of the people that come out to participate and/or spectate. As far as the guy in the "Nauti Buoy" Fountain, I hope he learns to enjoy life and get along with others in the future. I applaud my crew for maintaining a professional attitude in such a "trying" situation.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:54 AM
Registered

Default Re: Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Just a quick "Thank You" for everyone that came to the Shootout. LOTO is very fortunate to have this event and I feel even more fortunate to be a part of it. Where else can you find so many volunteers to work so hard to make this happen in such an awesome location such as LOTO? Thanks again to my sponsor (Anheuser-Busch), the firemen and their dedicated volunteers, the Missouri State Waterpatrol (for trying to keep the wakes down), radio station KRMS (93.5fm & 1150am) for their live coverage, and most of all to all of the people that come out to participate and/or spectate. As far as the guy in the "Nauti Buoy" Fountain, I hope he learns to enjoy life and get along with others in the future. I applaud my crew for maintaining a professional attitude in such a "trying" situation.
Class act. Thank you for letting us enjoy all your hard work and congratulations on an awesome sight to behold. Bicardi at full speed. NK
Old 08-31-2004, 09:11 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tempest38
Anybody know what the record for a 38' boat with carbed 540's and No power adders is?
Don
97mph won that class.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot O

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Class act. Thank you for letting us enjoy all your hard work and congratulations on an awesome sight to behold. Bicardi at full speed. NK

DIDO
Old 09-01-2004, 08:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Dave,

It was a pleasure meeting you on the docks
sunday afternoon.

My wife enjoyed the tour of your boat,
and couldn't say enough nice things about your
crew.

Now for the guy in the fountain.
( I'm not making any excuses for him)

He was probably pissed because he was
one of the only ones that ran, who's speed
didn't go up on sunday.

And for poetic justice........ OSO member Later
ended up beating him to win the class

jt
Old 09-01-2004, 09:20 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Thanks for the thoughtful comments. I'll share them with the crew. It means a lot to them as well. Obviously, we were very pleased with this year's event but just wish I could have joined the OSO group for the run to Big Dicks. From what I see in the pictures, it must have been a blast!
Old 09-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Thanks for the thoughtful comments. I'll share them with the crew. It means a lot to them as well. Obviously, we were very pleased with this year's event but just wish I could have joined the OSO group for the run to Big Dicks. From what I see in the pictures, it must have been a blast!
David,

If you would like to join us next year I would volunteer to ride along to make sure you didn't miss the cove .

Saw the rig and boat setting at the light next to the bank on Monday afternoon waiting to turn onto 54 and wished I was still carrying my camera. Looks very sharp even on the trailer. Also nice increase from last year, if I remember you ran in the 170's.

I must also echo the thanks to everyone who participated. This is the premier event here at the lake and it wouldn't come off without the sponsors, volunteers, participants, spectators and patience off all involved. Can't wait until next year.

I sold the cig monday and a couple from New York came into town to pick it up and the first question they asked is "what's with all the hardware?" So I clued them into the event that had just happened. Then when we were loading the cig a guys walked over and asked how we ran over the weekend. I had to confess that we were only spectators.

This is by far the thing I have enjoyed the most in my 2 years here at the lake.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 09-02-2004 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Re: Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

[ As far as the guy in the "Nauti Buoy" Fountain, I hope he learns to enjoy life and get along with others in the future. I applaud my crew for maintaining a professional attitude in such a "trying" situation.[/QUOTE]

the guy in Nauti Buoy was a little bit upset because he had not lost his class in 5yrs, untill this year. quess who bet him out

later
Attached Thumbnails Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.-42-fountain-run.jpg  
Old 09-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by later
the guy in Nauti Buoy was a little bit upset because he had not lost his class in 5yrs, untill this year. quess who bet him out...
Now That's justice! Ya gotta love it.
Congrats !
Old 09-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice job Later, boat looks awsome all white.

Randy

Quick Reply: Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.