Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out. >

Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

Notices

Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

Old 08-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

First real quick I would like to thank all of the OSO folks and other boaters for coming to the LOTO for the weekend. I think sometimes we as Missourians forget how much income the LOTO generates for our tax revenue and this includes state and local revenue.

Now I would like to take a quick second to apoligize for any individuals who had their mind set on "making bad choices" as my son's preschool teacher would say.
For instance the gentlemen in the Fountain on Sunday at Shooters who "made a lot of bad choices by: parking in the Bacardi Silver's spot, screaming at the Bacardi Silver team telling them "there were no saved spots", then pushing one of the Bacardi Silver crew. What was even worse this gentlemen tried to inform the Bacardi Team that he was a "local"; and he had more "rights" to the lake than them... All in all this gentlemen made a lot of BAD CHOICES. He was told to leave by shot out staff.

As I was headed back to CP&R I stopped at the car wash at the intersection of Hwy 42 and Hwy D, to scrub down the Sutphen. All of the bays were full,, I chose the easiest one for me to enter (gotta back in). The car that was in the bay was unoccupied. It appeared to be finished. I asked the two gentlemen in the bay next to mine if they knew whos car that was. An elderly getnlemen looked up glared at my boat and said, "Its my car, and I will move in a minute." I thanked him for his assitance and walked back to my truck.. I thought to myself it must be more of that local mentality.

All in all it was an awesome weekend! Meet a lot of OSO folks and others. Thanks for coming to Missouri and spending your hard earned money here!
Hope to see you next year!
Attached Thumbnails Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.-img_0186a.jpg  
Old 08-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Re: Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

I think a great time was had by all! The BD run Friday was awesome! It was good to meet a lot of fellow OSO'ers and check out their hardware
Old 08-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Registered

Default Re: Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

being a 10 year local at the lake of the ozarks,with a business"proboat" marine,this is not the norm,but it only takes one jerk to make us all look bad.sometimes i think they have a chip on there shoulder because the lake is growing around them and they choose not to grow with it .the shoot out was great,weather held out and our boat " racing frenzy" ran a top speed of 108 mph. for a brand new boat we were HAPPY.to all who had a say in the shoot-out thank you, wes.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Registered

did someone steal your pole or forgot to bring?
Old 08-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Registered

Went down for my first Shoot Out and had a Great Time PERIOD!!! Met a few OSO'rs atour motel(Lake Chateau)and lots of people in general. Didn't have any problems with "locals" and in fact didn't even come too close to getting asked to leave anywhere we went. Not that we always do but it has been known to happen depending on their sense of humor. I would say all businesses we visited were up for a party weekend and very friendly.
Anybody know what the record for a 38' boat with carbed 540's and No power adders is?
Don
Old 08-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Banned

Default Re: Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot O

We From Nortech Enjoyed The Oso Run To Bd's And Had A Blast All Weekend. Great Event. And Most Everyone In The Boating Community And Oso Members Are Very Down To Earth Cool People, Always One Jerk Who Gets Drunk And Makes A-- Of Himself. But Thats Just Life. Keep Up The Good Work. Cant Wait For Next Year. Jim Midwest Performance Marine Loto.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's unfortunate that one or two can make a bad impression for all. It's sad that it happens during an event that benefits so many. It's especially sad that one person can be so asinine to a team that donates so much for the Lake area Fire and Rescue charity, performance boating and the sport of offshore racing. Fortunately the Bacardi team are all outstanding professionals and always great sportsmen. Considering there are also some "big ole boys" on the Bacardi team, I'm thinking this guy was lucky he was simply asked to leave.
I too want to thank everyone that came to participate, or spectate. The Big Dicks run was a blast, and I again got to put some faces to names I've seen for years, made some great new friends, saw some great old friends, and got to see some of the most incredible performance hardware on the water.
One thing I love about performance boaters...
When you are one of the smallest boats on the dock, being surrounded by a 42X, a 36 Apache, a number of 38 Top Guns, 36 Nor-Tecs, Eliminators, Formulas, Fountains, Bajas and so on can be a little intimidating. Yet, every one of these people are the best folks you would ever meet that would do anything for a fellow boater, as long as you like to talk about hot-boats.
I Love this country...
Old 08-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot O

[QUOTE=SinkorSwim]:
For instance the gentlemen in the Fountain on Sunday at Shooters who "made a lot of bad choices by: parking in the Bacardi Silver's spot, screaming at the Bacardi Silver team telling them "there were no saved spots", then pushing one of the Bacardi Silver crew. What was even worse this gentlemen tried to inform the Bacardi Team that he was a "local"; and he had more "rights" to the lake than them... All in all this gentlemen made a lot of BAD CHOICES. He was told to leave by shot out staff.

Very interesting! Considering the Bacardi Silver is a product of Anheuser Busch, wich also brings in alot of income for Missouri, wich I am sure also provides a few jobs for fellow Missourians, and don't forget sponsers the shoot out for LOTTO. The guy sounds like a real jackass! But Texas has its share of Jackasses to. I have to make plans to attend next year!!! Tom
Old 08-31-2004, 03:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My hat is off to all ot LOTO. This is by far one of my favorite places to visit!!!!!!
LOTO residents I have encountered and BUsiness owners are very warm and down to earth people. There is always someone having a bad day anywhere USA.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My hat is off to all ot LOTO. This is by far one of my favorite places to visit!!!!!!
LOTO residents I have encountered and BUsiness owners are very warm and down to earth people. There is always someone having a bad day anywhere in the USA, Part of life but not accepted as representation of the population. Probably a great guy just having a bad day trying to find a parking place.

Quick Reply: Proud Missourian would like to thank all of the boaters that came for the Shoot Out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.