Notices

Who's right

Old 08-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who's right

Originally Posted by Chase910
I agree 100% with MnFastBoat, the next trailer in line has right of way.
I agree with them. I trailer everywhere, so I have been to alot of ramps. It doesn't matter when a boat got to the ramp, all that matters is when the TRAILER AND TOW VEHICLE get to the ramp.

If there were three vehicles with trailers in line so I passed them to retrieve my boat then I feel you "jumped in front of" three boats.

Just my two-cents...

Last edited by Clay Washington; 08-30-2004 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Banned

Last week was the first time it ever really came into play for me. I figured it out pretty quickly. There is a line of trailers, and you go to the back of the line whether you are launching or retrieving.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:17 AM
Registered

Sydwaz, I have not had a problem at the ramp but my buddy dropped off the end last year and had to be winched out, problem is all the boaters driving on their trailers and blowing out the end of the ramp. P.S. I was the sonic that launched in front of you Saturday.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

mjm, I was not sure if that was you, or another 26 owner that I have met from the Mansassas area. The ramp was probably suffering still from my mishap when you came in, as I was in the ramp for a while; and you came out a short time behind me. It was a mess. Sorry for contributing.

I still think you were OK on courtesy. Your boat was the closest to the concrete ramp where you were tied up. You had to wait in line amidst the mess of bass boats to get that spot, and your truck was parked very close to the ramp. You did not cut in front of anyone, as no one could have trailered a boat in front of you. Maybe had you been back farther, yes, someone could have come in at a 45* angle and trailered along side the floating dock in front of you, but you and I both know that ramp is and has been a mess since the hurricane; and that puts your boat at risk especially in a breeze like this weekend. It was not even that great of a place before the hurricane. Best State Park in VA? Apparently the judges for that weren't boaters.

In previous EXTREMELY busy times, which we have seen at that park, I have been known to stand up on my sunpad, and express at the top of my lungs: "I am a brand new boater!!" You should see the way they scatter! I could care less what other folks think.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:19 AM
Registered

SIDWAYZ, I have the 31 sonic, Hey next time you are alone and you see me there give a shout and I will be glad to help.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Registered

This one is pretty simple. Like others have said, whoever has his trailer in line is next to go. I don't see how you could think that their boat wasn't there first if their truck and trailer are setting in line unless you were just extra slow.