Notices

Scope Poker Run

Old 08-30-2004, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Scope Poker Run

The Scope run was awesome! I have some pics if someone can show me how to "shrink" them for OSO. The run was about 100 miles long. I was in a friends 42' Tiger with Teague 1,000's and we ran about 90mph the whole way.

First boat to Catalina Island was NOT a cat!!! It was a 43' Scarab (think it was a Larry Smith) with big power. It ran 130mph and dominated alot of big powered cats. I think it was Pacific Marine's boat. There were 3 or 4 40' Skaters, a 36' Nortech, a few 36' Spectre's and some other fast cats out there.
There were approx. 26 Fountains, 16 Cigarettes, 6 Hustler Slingshots, a few Formulas and various other V-bottoms. The Cigs dominated the other V-bottoms and the water wasn't rough at all. (weird!!) When we got to Catalina (we were probably the 10th boat) there was a Gladiator, 2 Hustlers, then us----(My friends)42' Tiger, (Ken Boyce) 42' Tiger, (HavasuCig's) Top Gun, (Bob Teague) 42'Tiger, (D-man) 38 top Gun, 1 Outerlimits, 2 more 38 Top Guns, and then the rest of the crowd.

Tank and Kelly (fiancee) were on the boat with us and we had a great time. We went for a ride in Nort's 45' sunseeker and that thing really takes off!

Last edited by Semper Fi; 08-30-2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Scope Poker Run

Send the pics to: [email protected]

Great time!!!!!!!!!!! WoooooHooooo!!!!!!!! (voice is somewhat back now!)
Attached Thumbnails Scope Poker Run-pokerrun-003.jpg  
Old 08-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Registered

SCOPE deserves a great big Attaboy for that one, it was truly great from start to finish. Never saw so many BIG V's running so hard to Catalina, then on the Newport. Been running/racing here for many years, it had to be the smoothest ever. Good news, damage was minimal, safety was maximum. The entire affair from lunches, buffetts, and money raised for charity was outstanding. Great job SCOPE
Old 08-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Registered

It was a great time even though the water was flat. After riding in Nort's Sunseeker my other 1/2 is now talking about how nice a cruiser would be.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Registered

Whose boat is this ? . . . rouxsterre's FAVE ciggie ( graphix-wise, anyways ).
Funny thing is, the other side has even cooler graphics. . . totally different on the starboard side . . . This boat is WICKED nice.
Attached Thumbnails Scope Poker Run-dscn1260.jpg  
Old 08-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That is Peter Kompaniez' boat. Bob Teague maintained.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

peter drove that scarab he said the whole run well over 100,, he said going out to the island they stuck it so hard on some of those from out of nowhere rollers, so hard that they slammed their helmts in the dash,. he said once he had to check and see if his teeth still in there..
that boat does hones 120 gps. and he is willing to hold it on,, its for sale i think jack who owns pacific marine said 475k.. its a rocket. same motors gibson has in his 39 mti.
semper where was jay slightly cranky 42 fountain with stagered 1250's i know he would have been there in the front, i was runnin our little 35 as hard as my crew would let me and we wee runnin 75-85 and bumped 90 few times but started getting serious looks from my crew (wife) ohhhh, she was getting mad... so about half way we settled in and just stayed mainly around 70's and 80's..
Old 08-31-2004, 12:13 AM
Registered

semper i saw a link on here before re resizing pics might try a search and see if turns up
Old 08-31-2004, 12:15 AM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/...ead.php?t=80052

try this
Old 08-31-2004, 01:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Whose boat is this ? . . . rouxsterre's FAVE ciggie ( graphix-wise, anyways ).
Funny thing is, the other side has even cooler graphics. . . totally different on the starboard side . . . This boat is WICKED nice.

Well..........here's the other side!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Scope Poker Run-c0eu2498.jpg  

Quick Reply: Scope Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.