Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NJPPC Radar Shootout - Sept 11th has been cancelled (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/86195-njppc-radar-shootout-sept-11th-has-been-cancelled.html)

DaveP 08-30-2004 10:10 PM

NJPPC Radar Shootout - Sept 11th has been cancelled

Hello everyone,

We regret that we have to officially announce that the NJPPC Radar Shootout has been canceled.

We were extremely hopeful that the change of ownership at the Water's Edge restaurant in Bayville, NJ would have been a positive change. We made great in roads with the town of Bayville to help alleviate any issues that we incurred with the town in the past. Unfortunately, the new owners of the Water's Edge are not fans of performance powerboats and have gone to the extreme to actually say that we are not welcome there.

We have tried to think of a few "back up" locations, but none have panned out as of yet.

So to the new owners of the Water's Edge and in the words of the big mouth Teresa Heinz Kerry "SHOVE IT!"

We'll spend our money somewhere else!

Best Regards,
Dave Patnaude
President
NJPPC

Formula Outlaw 08-30-2004 10:55 PM

Re: NJPPC Radar Shootout - Sept 11th has been cancelled

That sucks. Post the azzhole's phone # and we'll unleash the fury of OSO upon him.

T2x 08-31-2004 07:34 AM

How about the Dutchman?

T2x

CBR 08-31-2004 07:39 AM

Time for an OSO group purchase of our own clubhouse!

boot 08-31-2004 07:50 AM

:mad: NICE !
WHat a dirt bag ! Lets make sure we all pass the word about them NOT WANTING BOATERS THERE !

See how long they stay in buisness on the water ,without boaters ........

C_Spray 08-31-2004 08:04 AM

Dave - Remember when were standing on top of that 50' houseboat at the AC show a few years ago, and I suggested NJPPC buy one as a "Mother Ship"? Maybe we can still find one somewhere and anchor it up somewhere just south of the mouth of Toms River as a base for a Radar Shootout. :blaster:

Like everyone else, I'm disappointed to hear this. Well.....Maybe not too disappointed. It doesn't look like I would have had the boat back together in time anyway... :rolleyes:

Wild Child 08-31-2004 08:29 AM

Dave,

What about coming to the Deleware river and running out of Trenton Marine,

I am sure Jerry would be into it.

Tom

berns29scarab 08-31-2004 08:32 AM

Ya know whats pretty funny. There not big fans of performance powerboats, but yet they reap the benefits especially when Martell's on the Point Pleasant Boardwalk gets how much business $$$$ just in over flow from Jenkinsons on race weekends. I live 10 minutes from the Edge and i myself will be in no hurry to go there anytime soon. We should contact the owner of Windows on the Bay....hmmmmmm

robyw1 08-31-2004 08:37 AM

Go anyway. Did the Republicans let the highly liberal city of NY scare them from holding their convention there? NO You should not let anyone keep you from having your event.

Roby

bojoe2 08-31-2004 08:49 AM

we should all show up fill up the waters edge in form of a protest and only buy 1 beer each and kill there day!