Like Tree0Likes

Latest Hurricane?

Old 09-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Registered

Default Re: Latest Hurricane?

Speed2Lead, I am in Valrico, and with Charley we just got alot of rain, which is unusual, since the rain usually hits Brandon and Plant City, but skips us.

I understand it is set to hit somewhere between Indian River County and Brevard County.

My best friend is in St. Lucie County and schools there have been cancelled for tomorrow and Friday. Areas of Melbourne have mandatory evacuation starting tomorrow morning. Something like 500K due to evacuate starting then.

Supplies are still pretty abundant here in the Brandon/Tampa area, so if any OSO folks are in the above areas, and can't get supplies (water, boards, sand bags, etc...) let me know. I will pick up what I can for you folks and get it to you.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Activator SVL

Do you deliver to Melbourne DRG? Dont need supplies just a sexy woman, such as yourself in skimpy lingerie, to weather out the storm with. I think Frankie is heading your way with Mikey and i going to stick it out. Time to find the surf-board

Trent
Old 09-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Registered

My Boats: A Concept Of Course

It's gonna be here soon, don't wait till this gets close to see where exactly it's going. Born and raised in south Florida, this is the biggest I've seen, get out as in the last few hours of Charley, it hit a few hundred miles south of prediction. So unless your leaving in your private plane, get your valuables and start driving. Better safe than sorry. God Bless your better safe than sorry.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:06 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey

looks like Miami might be an option to run to. I have a sister is in Ormond Beach and she doesnt take this stuff seriously enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Latest Hurricane?-forecast.jpg  
Old 09-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can anyone tell me how the hospitals are fairing. I know that that there are generators and things like that but what about overcrowding and the structural integrity of them after the first round of storms
Old 09-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 21 Liberator Cat/twin 2.5's

I'm in Daytona. They said on the news tonight that the storm surge may be 9ft in Daytona. I live one mile from the ocean! I may be seeing some water!
Old 09-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Banned

They are saying the storm surge will make the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian River one body of water.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAngel
Can anyone tell me how the hospitals are fairing. I know that that there are generators and things like that but what about overcrowding and the structural integrity of them after the first round of storms

They evacuate the hospitals and nursing homes that are in the path of the storm on the coastal areas. We have been delivering generators, pumps, and forklifts for the big rental company's all over the state for the last three weeks. It's been crazy!! It's amazing what some people are willing to pay to get to the top of the list. We could be making a killing but we just don't have the trucks and manpower to do it all. Our regular customers are paying us 24-7 just to know that they have a truck ready when they need it. My drivers are getting burnt out and they can't find the time to take care of their own damaged houses. Looks like we aren't going to get a break anytime soon. We took some equipment out to Patrick's Air Force base today and they said this is going to be a hard hit.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:32 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Do you deliver to Melbourne DRG? Dont need supplies just a sexy woman, such as yourself in skimpy lingerie, to weather out the storm with. I think Frankie is heading your way with Mikey and i going to stick it out. Time to find the surf-board

Trent
I think I'll weather out the storm a little more to the west, AWAY from that monster, but thanks for the offer. I'm sure your roommate could fill that spot though I'll wave hi to Frank and Mike when they pass by me.

As for the hospitals, I know that the hospital in Ft. Myers is somewhat operational again. The ones in Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda are only seeing "essential" patients, and from what I understand, seeing them in portable buildings.

Here in Tampa, our hospitals have been in "disaster mode" since yesterday, discussing taking on more folks, or providing staff to other areas in need. We've already instituted "mandatory staff" for our facility over the weekend and through next week, as well as a generated list of licensed staff willing to go elsewhere to help ill/injured people. They've been looking for RN's to take short 2-3 week assignments in Charlotte and Hardee county for a couple of weeks now, to help service those folks from Charley.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:11 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMG
looks like Miami might be an option to run to. .

scratch that, heading more south now!
Attached Thumbnails
Latest Hurricane?-forecastnb.jpg