Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scary Day at the lake Yesterday!! >

Scary Day at the lake Yesterday!!

Notices

Scary Day at the lake Yesterday!!

Old 09-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Scary Day at the lake Yesterday!!

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
someone pulls a gun at me, with the intent to shoot, and im carrying, you can bet your a$$ im shooting before he shoots me. Ill face the legal issues 2nd to loosing my life. This guy pulled the trigger. what would have happened if it went off and killed someone.

I will never pull, unless i am prepared to use it. and i guarantee if someone pulls a loaded gun on me with intent, im pulling to protect myself.

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id shoot that MORON with no remorse whatsoever !! Chalk it up to Darwinismn (sp)
Old 09-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Registered

fo amen
Old 09-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Registered

I didn't see it happen, but I heard from 2 different individuals about a fight that broke out at a bar on our lake (Table Rock in SW MO). To make a long story short, a couple of guys started fighting in the bar and before too long it turned into a bunch of guys fighting down at the docks. The scary part is, one guy ended up getting into his boat, backed up into a couple of boats, and proceeded to run his boat up onto the back of a Scarab. The Scarab owner, who wasn't involved in the fight, apparently had to jump off of his boat to avoid being run over. By this point people were chucking bear bottles at the guy. My friend, who sold the Scarab to his buddy, said the guy was able to back the boat "off" and started to leave. Water patrol was aparently called to the disturbance pulled the guy over for excessive wake in a no wake zone. Another boater went over to the water patrol and informed him of the situation and the guy was arrested. I take any story like this with a grain of salt, but I heard the same story from 2 different people today. Anyone else hear about this?
Old 09-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a update on the update on Dumb A## from a local newspaper that pulled the gun on us!!!!

Tulsa lawyer arrested in gun-pointing incident

By Bob Gibbins, Press Staff Writer
Thursday, September 9, 2004 10:37 AM CDT

A Tulsa attorney was released Monday morning on a $50,000 bond after being arrested for allegedly pointing a firearm at Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers on Lake Tenkiller.

Billy Jack Smith, 47, was arrested by OHP troopers on charges of shooting with intent to kill, assault with a deadly weapon, and possession of a firearm on a vessel. Formal charges will be filed in district court.

No shots were fired during the incident that allegedly started when Smith's boat began rocking into other vessels at Party Cove on Lake Tenkiller.

Assistant District Attorney Nikki Baker Dotson said Tuesday afternoon the district attorney's office doesn't have all the reports on the incident.

Reports state OHP Troopers Mike Keeton, Charley Batt and Mike Sherman were paged about a drunk on a boat causing problems at Party Cove on Lake Tenkiller Sunday. OHP Troopers Mike Childress and Gary Fears were at Party Cove before Keeton, Batt and Sherman arrived.

Reports state Keeton, Batt and Sherman were later told a rifle was involved, and the rifle had been allegedly pointed at Childress and Fears. Smith allegedly pulled the trigger on the rifle more than once, but it did not fire.

Reports state Smith was verbally abusive to the troopers. He said the boat was his home, and they could not enter the boat without a search warrant.

He was arrested and placed on an OHP boat for transporting him back to the shore.

Smith allegedly told troopers problems can be squelched by pulling a gun, and "you can permanently end problems by pointing a gun."

Chief District Judge Bruce Sewell set Smith's bond after being notified Monday of his arrest.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:00 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

"Billy Jack" ... You've got to be kidding!
Does this moron live on his houseboat, or under a rock?

He's a laywer?

"Billy Jack, a laywer, pulls gun on Troopers at the lake".

THIS IS TOO MUCH...

You've got to be making this up!
Old 09-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Registered

I was waiting to see if any of the cops were named Buford Pusser.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy sounds like a pinhead " problems can be squelched by pulling a gun " ya you go to jail ..PROBLEM squelched !