Hurricane Ivan Going North >

Hurricane Ivan Going North

Notices

Hurricane Ivan Going North

Old 09-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane Ivan Going North

Well when I ck Sunday to see if the track says its going to be over Tpa Tues Im outa here. Im leaving town with boat in tow around 3 pm Sunday. Where to go is still to early to tell. If stays far enough out in the gulf I will head over to the East coast and wait to head South behind it. If it shows it going in near Sarasota and heads toward the interior then im headed North to Macon Ga. or maybe TN. This is like battle stations for the fourth time in 4 weeks over the weekend. I hear the hotels are booked up for the State of Fl. and Georgia. You should see I-75 NB here now,it's moving at 5 mph North and we havn't even started to evacuate the Gulf coast yet. This looks to be the real deal this time. It's a mass exodus to leave Fl.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts lets here what you would do. I have to decide where Im going to head and be able to stay cause the wife 2 daughters and an infant are on board so I cant afford to take chances on the road when things start going bad. Cat. 1 hurricane I might stay close by but this one is not up for discussion.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Hurricane Ivan Going North

With the family I would pack up as early as you can and head North. If this thing stays as strong as it is you DO NOT want to be around. Best of luck to you.

Jon
Old 09-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Leave in middle of night when traffics not as bad,leave NOW to beat the rush. I always leave florida to come back to michigan when everyones going to bed as to beat the traffic (like on easter weekend). Whats a few extra days on the road compared to waiting too long and being stuck in worse traffic sunday when panic sets in ,Best of luck,Smitty
(my sister and family live in Largo and they are going to wait until sunday night too,i said leave NOW,it's the weekend anyways,if it turns west come home mon or tues).
Old 09-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Banned

Frank, I took 75 north to come home today. Traffic wasn't bad, just a bit heavier than usual. The way I come here is 75 to hwy 44 then east to Deland. Not bad traffic that way. The trip takes a tad over two hours. The I 4 route sucks.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Hey Frank, let me know if you think about Atlanta. I may be able to pull some hotel/motel strings. Just give me an idea when and what kind of place. We can always tear up lanier for a day or two.

Greg
Old 09-11-2004, 06:23 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes, this is ONE nasty storm. . be safe out there.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:02 AM
Registered

Ever so slowly the storm appears to be heading a little more west than originally projected, as that High Pressure Ridge over the Atlantic has not disapated like they thought it would. More and more of the "spaghetti" models are showing a westward course. Over the last 18 hours or so it seems to have moved about 100 miles westward. Thusday morning, Charlotte Harbor was ground zero. Now it's looking more like up in the "big bend" area of the panhandle. Still won't know for sure until it passes over Cuba, but slightly more encouraging than 24 hours ago.

And since we made the decision to ride it out, I pray that stays true.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/environme...es.pl?8ir-full

On this loop is looks like its going west some off Jamaica

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 09-11-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Registered

Frank, it looks like we just might get lucky with this one. The five pm update looks like it's going to be about 145 miles off the coast in our area around 2:00pm Tuesday afternoon. We can expect winds in the 40/45 mph area. Apparently a high pressure debeloped over the Gulf and over Florida which is keeping it away from the west coast.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Registered

Just remember, one's luck will be someone's misfortune.

Be prepared to offer support, assistance and prayers to those that are unlucky enough to get this one.

AC

Last edited by Andrew Corn; 09-11-2004 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Hurricane Ivan Going North

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.