Notices

Where are my Hering props

Old 09-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Where are my Hering props

How many people over the last few years are owed props, due to blades coming off from Hering. Ive called many times, and have been promised my set redone, but its going on 2 years, I have since sold my 37 Active Thunder, this has got to stop. I have recieved a few private emails, but am curious how many had or are having problems with Jim's lack of call backs, and promising something that he has not delivered. Thanks for your help. Jeff Jassby
Old 09-13-2004, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where are my Hering props

I have been waiting for over a year to try a set of 6 blade herings that Pat Weisman paid for in full.Jim has given us over a dozen dates and they have come and gone .If my props need work i will send to Throttle Up-Matt and Julie are honest people.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

My friend ordered a set of Herings several months ago. Normal 5 blade Bravo bigshaft style props. He has received two sets to date, both of them the wrong ones. First set were two pitches too steep. Second set wouldn't even fit on the drives (they were standard spline hubs, not the bigshaft ones he needed).

Dunno what's up with them.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a bunch of IDIOTS

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
I have been waiting for over a year to try a set of 6 blade herings that Pat Weisman paid for in full.Jim has given us over a dozen dates and they have come and gone .If my props need work i will send to Throttle Up-Matt and Julie are honest people.

Throttle up is a good co, on time, get call backs, and awesome work with state of art equipment. Thats where TMP is sending all their props, including my Mercs when I get back from this weeks PR if we dont get Hurricaned out, Good Luck Jeff.

I just got another email from Robbie, he has been waiting 1 1/2 for his back off his 38 Powerplay. There has got to be something we all can do. Thanks Jeff
Old 09-14-2004, 06:22 AM
Registered

MY WAY ordered a set of fivers 37' and recieved them within two months! We thought that was crazy, but they had to custom fab them. They weren't a regular sold prop. The thing is, aside from Herring, who else can offer a prop with so high of a pitch and work?

Not even going to start on the price of them!
Old 09-14-2004, 07:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeff

Where is the run this weekend?
Old 09-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JASSMAN
Throttle up is a good co, on time, get call backs, and awesome work with state of art equipment. Thats where TMP is sending all their props, including my Mercs when I get back from this weeks PR if we dont get Hurricaned out, Good Luck Jeff.

I just got another email from Robbie, he has been waiting 1 1/2 for his back off his 38 Powerplay. There has got to be something we all can do. Thanks Jeff
In defense of Hering, the reason Robbie has not recieved his Hering Propellers all this time, is because Powerplay never paid for them, even though Robbie had paid Powerplay in full for the Herings, when he originally bought his boat. And I think Robbie can back me up on this. Ed
Old 09-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard this same thing from MANY people. I called them ONCE regarding a set of fives for my boat, never got a call back, called throttle up and forgot all about Hering.
Between their customer service and blades flying off, I can't imagine why anyone would use them.
Although, I have hear that when you order a set of props, what Jim tells you is EXACTLY what will happen, so if he says you will gain 5mph, you will.
Too bad you can't get props from them in a reasonable time.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

i can't speak for all the issues expressed so far as i don't know the other side of the story.

i do know that the experience we have had has always been excellent. jim himself has always been very responsive. i think we're on the third set of 5 blades. we've never experienced a "blade flying off" or anything even close. to the contrary, on one occasion, we were in need of a repair due to the effect of boating in the "keys". i think jim had them back to us in a week from when they left our door step.

as for the comment "Between their customer service and blades flying off, I can't imagine why anyone would use them"........i guess you've never run a boat with a set of Herrings on it! there is nothing like it. the whole attitude of the boat changes. if you are ever "able to" get a hold of a set, you won't be able to say something like that. the good ol' saying of "don't knock it until you try it" definitely applies here.

for those of us that have been "able" to use them, the common comments are "there's nothing like a Herring"

thanks jim.

Quick Reply: Where are my Hering props

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.