Like Tree0Likes

My new 2004 Top Kick total loss

Old 09-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 Sonic 31
Default Re: My new 2004 Top Kick total loss

I would get your Agent involved especialy if went out bought a new truck and you Agent who is supposed to look out for you never mention the word Gap to you. When I got new truck the first thing they said to me was get GAP, good luck.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Registered

My Boats: 99 SLINGSHOT 500EFI'S

If the accident was not your fault it is the other drivers insurance company you are going round with correct? Always hold out when the liability issue is on your side. I presume your truck is totaled? (hope your ok) Anyway in many instances I have customers with major damage to a vehicle that the insurance company wants to fix instead of replace. I have written many letters to insurance companies explaining the vehicles now diminished value due to extensive damage, paintwork, etc. almost always been able to get something significant from insurance company for this. But it helps alot when the liability is on the other side, because then you were not the cause of the diminished value situation.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:50 AM
jtmiller02

Fight them, i've been fighting 2 insurance companies for almost a year, they will do everything in their power to screw you. I had my new truck for 7 days and got t-boned, now almost a year and about $15,000 in repairs later it still isn't fixed right. They have tried to screw me on every single angle, even the 3 different rentals I've had to have. Tens of thousands in doctor bills and you would think, ok well this little rental thing is only a few hundred bucks, they'll just take care of it and not fight, WRONG! They try to nickel and dime you every time.

You just have to fight back, if someone hit you, you have the power. They probably have a $1 mil. liability policy on a dump truck, just be sure to remind the insurance company of that when they are trying to screw you out of a few hundred bucks.

And if you have to sue, do it, its terrible that it has to be that way, and I'm not a "sue happy" person at all, but even when you are right, they still fight you. You might have to wait a couple years on all the morons who spilled their coffee before you get your day in court, but you will win if you are right and have a good lawyer.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:51 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajabob38
How are you going to get that big ass into a vet ?

LMFAO!!!! Almost fell off my chair with that one!!! Sorry Dave BUTT that is funny (no pun intended) Alright maybe a little!!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:55 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

Dave, Sorry to hear this!! Hows the back? Good luck with the insurance/theives.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2004 36 Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajabob38
How are you going to get that big ass into a vet ?
Who you calling big ass? BIG ASS!
Old 09-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLENNS
If the accident was not your fault it is the other drivers insurance company you are going round with correct? Always hold out when the liability issue is on your side. I presume your truck is totaled? (hope your ok) Anyway in many instances I have customers with major damage to a vehicle that the insurance company wants to fix instead of replace. I have written many letters to insurance companies explaining the vehicles now diminished value due to extensive damage, paintwork, etc. almost always been able to get something significant from insurance company for this. But it helps alot when the liability is on the other side, because then you were not the cause of the diminished value situation.
Exactly, always go after the other company you'll get 100% of what you want.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2004 36 Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Addiction
LMFAO!!!! Almost fell off my chair with that one!!! Sorry Dave BUTT that is funny (no pun intended) Alright maybe a little!!
HA HA HA What are you laughing at M_________ F_________?
Old 09-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: '88 Formula F-206 LS

Gap insurance is a good thing to have.
My daughter managed to total two cars this year. Both about three months apart. Neither of which were her fault.
For her, she owed more on the first car than it was worth and her gap ins. covered the difference. No worries. The second car she owned for all of two weeks. Luckily for her the value of that car was more than the loan and the gap coverage wasn't needed.

I know it sounds stupid to have insurance on your insurance (actuall it on the loan) but when a vehicle is upside down on a loan it pays to have it if it is ever totaled. Not everyone can afford to plunk down a hefty down payment.
I myself could not stand to pay for a vehicle to sit in a junk yard.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Registered

My Boats: '00 45 Sonic

Sorry to hear that David. Hope you, Sonya or Chase didn't get hurt in the accident!!

Patti and Bill