Im in New YorK and need a lead on new insulated overhead doors boat sized >

Im in New YorK and need a lead on new insulated overhead doors boat sized

Notices

Im in New YorK and need a lead on new insulated overhead doors boat sized

Old 09-16-2004, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Im in New YorK and need a lead on new insulated overhead doors boat sized

toy barn is going up and I should be setting trusses by next week
so Im shopping for insulated doors 10 x 10

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 09-16-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Re: Im in New YorK and need a lead on new insulated overhead doors boat sized

overhead door company makes some of the best.

Thermocore steel skins over foam with rubber cold breaks between the front and rear of the panels (lets the front stay cold without transferring the heat from the inside to the outside wrapper).

I had them at my last 2 houses, and have them at my shop. Current house has crappy steel doors with crappy foam panels stuck on the backside. Crappy, I say...
Old 09-17-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Im in New YorK and need a lead on new insulated overhead doors boat sized

Check out www.garaga.com they are all I've used, and my unheated attached garage stays above freezing all winter, even when it drops to -30.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.steelbuilding.com
Old 09-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Registered

www.clopay.com

Great garage doors! I have had mine for 12 years...no rust, no paint problems!
Old 09-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Registered

Cool Re: Im in New YorK and need a lead on new insulated overhead doors boat sized

Both clopay, and steel buildings seem to have good doors, but their best insulated doors have a R rating of R-6.5. Garaga's least insulated door is R rated at R-12, and their best door is R rated at R-18.
If you want warmth, look North ...
Old 09-18-2004, 05:44 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Look into Overhead Door Co. - I worked for them in Toledo for 8 years installing these things when I was right out of high school. Depending on how much you want to spend, they had a 391 series or a 194 series both were available in a flush or raised panel look. Where you'll start getting into the $$ is because of the height, 10' is considered a commercial door vs. residential.
The R-value is kinda crap - because of the way it is measured and tested, look more into how well the door seals the wind and air infiltration.
I still have connections at that Co. (hell I grew up there, I'm still kinda family...) I can get you a qoute if ya want - if the shipping would be too much it at least gives you something to take to your locals and compare.
Let me know if you want any help, I've literally put up over a 1000 of these things.
Tim
Old 09-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put up two 10X12 doors myself. Wayne-Dalton brand is top shelf quality and insulation. Installed price about $1300 each from Darkinson Doors, Toledo, Ohio. Probably have a local distributor closer to you.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:55 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bouyhunter Id be interested in at least one 10x10 with a 2" thick foam
core the other door could be smaller, might look better with a pair of 10x10s heating the garage to about 50 during winter. I plan on installing my self , done a few smaller ones before.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:20 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

TOPDJ - Pm'd you

Quick Reply: Im in New YorK and need a lead on new insulated overhead doors boat sized

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.