Forgedaboud Miami to NY - this is bigger

Old 12-20-2004, 03:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Forgedaboud Miami to NY - this is bigger

Tim

The last day was a speed run.

Mike told me that it was way to hot for anything to be on. The heat was kill them.

Mike

Mike
Old 12-20-2004, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn I missed it!!

I read about that in this month's powerboat and thought that is one kick-azz endurance race, very different.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:29 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
If the sanctioning offshore dudes would wise up and unify that's the kind of exposure they'd get instead of a Fountain infomercial on OLN.
A solid sponsor (like here CITGO) and mainstream airtime with descent editing and great photography.

Bingo!...............

It also shows you what a "real" racer...... Mike Seebold..... can do with the wrong boat at the wrong race (2nd out of 115 boats).......and no spare parts.

I presume his helmet and jacket was "tied up" in customs...like everything else it seems.

T2x
Old 12-20-2004, 09:34 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bern's 29scarab
i was surprised that the 33 eliminator with the v-10's only ran 115...they couldnt catch a 30' outboard spectre.
Let's see........ a twin 300x OB 30 Spectre runs 90-100 in heat and humidity with two people on board and a fuel load

The Eliminator "claimed" 115 but couldn't catch the smaller Spectre....... sounds about right........ The 28' Eliminator here in NJ with twin 300 Pro maxes is 30 mph slower than a similarly equipped 28 Skater........and 20 mph slower than a similarly equiped Spectre.

Do the math......It's a California thing

T2x
Old 12-20-2004, 10:05 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I told my wife the rig for this thing after reading the Hot-Boat article and before watching the program would be a Skater 24 or 28 with eggbeaters.

Of course being bald would make that combo even faster but there is certain things I just won't do...

Hey T2x I tough a Skater 24 won not a Specter 30??? anyone else got that impression?
Old 12-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
I told my wife the rig for this thing after reading the Hot-Boat article and before watching the program would be a Skater 24 or 28 with eggbeaters.

Of course being bald would make that combo even faster but there is certain things I just won't do...

Hey T2x I tough a Skater 24 won not a Specter 30??? anyone else got that impression?
With all the crap in the water I'd like to fit a pair of jet drives into a 32 skater with small turbine power.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I happened to be channel surfing yesterday and caught most of it. It was cool to watch especially considering I had just read the article in PB. Talk about a variety of boats! The guy on the jet ski takes the cake.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:26 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GLH

Powerboat said it was a 24 Skater clone........ but the Eliminator couldn't catch the O/B Spectre earlier in the event either.

I thought it was a great race and harkened back to the old point to point events from my younger days....(Albany-NY.....Around Long Island....Chicago-New Buffalo....etc).... I loved watching Michael Seebold loping (porpoising for those of you from Del Rio, Texas) for 100 miles. That Seebold tunnel....with the right power.....should have been "hanging" a lot better......and could have won overall. Which is not to say that a twin jet drive Skater isn't the way to go for the future.

T2x
Old 12-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that was a unique race to watch... but Nigel came in 2nd and Seebold came in somewhere towards the back..."looking like a lost puppy" according to one of the commentators...but he(Mr Seebold) said it best...he brought a knife to a gun fight... And I think he did amazingly well with one motor, one prop and a very small boat...

The eliminator supposedly lost 15mph when they put the replacement drives on because they weren't short enough...and they claimed that the boat wanted rough water which they did not get...

any way you slice it, that was an interesting race, and fun to watch.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:07 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sean
that was a unique race to watch... but Nigel came in 2nd and Seebold came in somewhere towards the back..."looking like a lost puppy" according to one of the commentators...but he(Mr Seebold) said it best...he brought a knife to a gun fight... And I think he did amazingly well with one motor, one prop and a very small boat...

The eliminator supposedly lost 15mph when they put the replacement drives on because they weren't short enough...and they claimed that the boat wanted rough water which they did not get...

any way you slice it, that was an interesting race, and fun to watch.
No......actually Seebold came in second on total elapsed time for the whole event....not the last day only

and Nigel came in 3rd....2nd on the final day only.

As to the 15 mph loss...Eliminators are always losing mph for some reason or another...if you put all of the speed they supposedly lose back on those boats, they'd do 200 mph with a single 496 HO.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 12-20-2004 at 01:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Forgedaboud Miami to NY - this is bigger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.