Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Francis and Ivan Pics from the insurance guys perspective (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87272-francis-ivan-pics-insurance-guys-perspective.html)

Lenny R 09-20-2004 07:51 AM

Francis and Ivan Pics from the insurance guys perspective

3 Attachment(s)
I was "drafted" by one of the boat insurance companies to come help with hurricane claims down in Florida due to the sheer number of them. They are some incredible sights. And a BIG thank you to all the people of Florida for thier kindness, fortitude and treating this midwesterner with open arms! In light of all the damage, all have been great to deal with and very patient.

Also thanks to the great staff at American Marine who have been doing a great job covering for me and taking care of everyone while I have been out, especially Brenda who has covered all the after hours calls and covered all the weekends, your great!

Lenny

Lenny R 09-20-2004 07:54 AM

Re: Francis and Ivan Pics from the insurance guys perspective

2 Attachment(s)
more pics

Lenny R 09-20-2004 07:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
First into Pensacola

Lenny R 09-20-2004 07:57 AM

The last picture in the woods is of boats that were washed in behind the trees

Poorsche 09-20-2004 08:10 AM

I used to live in Pensacola and would appreciate any info regards area around Bahia Mar Marina and Dry storage. We used to won a 2 story building acroos street and wonder it it survived.

If you can squeeze this in great--if not I understand the conditions there and struggles to do anything besides survive--

Thanks

Poorsche

kitten 09-20-2004 10:08 AM

Pensacola News Journal.com

Photo Galleries :( Very sad indeed

dyno 09-20-2004 10:16 AM

wow :(

Tonto 09-20-2004 02:37 PM

Lenny,
Great shots. You just don't get the davastation to the boating community from the news coverage. I can't imagine how these people feel, losing a prized possession like that, to me, would just be davastating. Before we left for Chicago for the wedding, I doubled all the lines on the SeaRay and the APACHE, just in case Franses decided to pay us a visit, then Ivan came through also. A lot of people around here forgot about what Opal did around here back in '95. We were very fortunate to only lose a couple of tree branches this time. I can't imagine what the folks in Fl. are going through.

Robert