Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice...Whats in a name? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87305-miami-vice-whats-name.html)

IDRPSTF 09-20-2004 07:01 PM

Miami Vice...Whats in a name?

C'mon folks, its been a long time sence we have all paid homage to what got most of us into this financial downturn and marrage killer called boating.
Its time for:

MIAMI VICE TRIVIA....

This comes up about one time every year and we all show what a bunch of dorks and knuckleheads we are on this board when it comes to un-ironed linen and lack of socks in formal wear. Not to mention feathering ones hair and snorting enough coke to make all the florescent clothes look "Toned Down".
So for all the FNG's on the board, I'll post the first list of questions:

1. We all know what the "Real" first Miami Vice boat was. But why was it replaced?

2. What kind of boat beat Crockett, Tubbs, and that fat bastard that never would have passed the police physical in the big Miami Prand Prix race. (And yes, cheating and drugs were involved)?

3. How many wives did Crockett have during the run of the show?

4. What city did Tubbs come from?

5. Why was the Black Daytona Spyder (Not real) Blown up?

6. What did Crockett do before becoming a cop?

7. How tall is Norty?

That should do it for now.

PhantomChaos 09-20-2004 07:09 PM

Re: Miami Vice...Whats in a name?

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
C'mon folks, its been a long time sence we have all paid homage to what got most of us into this financial downturn and marrage killer called boating.
Its time for:

MIAMI VICE TRIVIA....

This comes up about one time every year and we all show what a bunch of dorks and knuckleheads we are on this board when it comes to un-ironed linen and lack of socks in formal wear. Not to mention feathering ones hair and snorting enough coke to make all the florescent clothes look "Toned Down".
So for all the FNG's on the board, I'll post the first list of questions:

1. We all know what the "Real" first Miami Vice boat was. But why was it replaced?

2. What kind of boat beat Crockett, Tubbs, and that fat bastard that never would have passed the police physical in the big Miami Prand Prix race. (And yes, cheating and drugs were involved)?

3. How many wives did Crockett have during the run of the show?

4. What city did Tubbs come from?

5. Why was the Black Daytona Spyder (Not real) Blown up?

6. What did Crockett do before becoming a cop?

7. How tall is Norty?

That should do it for now.

These are so easy!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

1) They referred to the boat as a "Cigarette Boat" so the sponsor pulled out!

2) Glastron!

3) 2

4) New York

5) The arms dealer wanted to prove that the stinger worked (cuz Crokett said....how do I know if these things work?)

6) ummmmmmmmmm....not sure, the other side of the law probably.

7) 5' 9"

glassdave 09-20-2004 07:11 PM

#1. uhh . . . the stringers blew out in it. it was a Chris Crack 390 (before anybody gives me any cr@p about rippin on CC's i own a scorpion myself :D :D :p )

IDRPSTF 09-20-2004 07:20 PM

1. Correct, They called it a "Cigarrette Boat"
2. Wrong! Try again?
3. 2 is correct (1st wife was and is some noname acress, #2 was Sheana Eastin)
4. New York is correct (And he gave a lousy NY accent)
5. Okay, That is "How" they blew it up. Let me re phrase the question. Why did the producers choose to Blow up the Black Spyder?
6. Wrong, Guess again?
7. Wrong, so wrong, 5'9" standing on your radar arch. Try Again!

sean stinson 09-20-2004 07:33 PM

#2 was a 50 Cary and they had one hiding behind the island to take the other ones place as it went behind the island.

#6 I believe he was in the military and medic seems to ring a bell.

Question to you sir what famous rock star called the dope weasel dust?

MiamiVice 09-20-2004 07:35 PM

#5. Ferrari sued over the use of the McBurnie refered in the show as a Ferrari. The McBurnie was blown up , cleverly written into the show and Ferrari North America then donated the Testarossa.

#6. Sonny James Crockett was a wide reciever for the University of Florida (Gators) football team, then was drafted into vietnam.

sean stinson 09-20-2004 07:37 PM

There you have it in complete detail.

Ted G 09-20-2004 07:40 PM

Glenn Frey??

sean stinson 09-20-2004 07:43 PM

Wrong on both guess's will give clues shortly.

Rippem 09-20-2004 07:48 PM

Phil Collins?