Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   You Tell Me (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87314-you-tell-me.html)

MitchStellin 09-20-2004 08:41 PM

You Tell Me

Since when is it "Bit ching" when you have to constantly tell people to stop smoking on YOUR boat, to tell people NO DORITTOS because they stain like mustard..another never on board, to yell when someone is told to down the drink or dump it and they hide it behind the seat just to have it spill because they are holding on, to tell people to hold on with two hands just to hit a wave and have someone slam to the deck and have to stop so they can get up and have them be mad because they got hurt, to be called a baby because you don't drink and boat, mainly because you are babysitting the dumb drunk later and someone has to do everything while they pass out. To have to tell people 10 times to get the lines out and fenders just to have them bitc h because they feel like they have to do all the work....then put it in nuetral so I can do it and not listen to the jerks anymore. My "boating friends" list was cut in 1/3rds this summer, I would rather be by myself. Don't even get me started on gas money. (no this is not directed to you, that is water over the dam). What do you folks do? I am working on a contract that spells out the rules, if you can't abide by even one you stay on the dock...period. Smoking is the #1 beef, I am sorry you are addicted and can't live without them. I am addicted to sex but I don't do it 60 times a day. :eek:

Waterfoul 09-20-2004 08:47 PM

Re: You Tell Me

NO, but if given the opportunity you WOULD have sex 60 times a day!!!

MitchStellin 09-20-2004 08:50 PM

Yes, I would, but I would hope to get paid. :cool:

Semper Fi 09-20-2004 08:50 PM

Mitch,
I have a few rules on my boat...
-If you ride in it, you will give me some gas money and/ or wash and flush the boat.
-Take off jewelry, watches, etc.....
-Absolutely NO smoking or drugs...PERIOD
-wear soft bottom shoes

If they can't or don't want to follow these simple rules, they can stay the F*CK off my boat :D

Waterfoul 09-20-2004 08:51 PM

If you got paid, you'd be poor!!! LOL!!!

Waterfoul 09-20-2004 08:54 PM

I've always said "I'm the captain, and this is MY boat. If you can't do what I ask when I ask, don't come along." As for gas money, I've never asked for any.

If someone simply HAS to have a cigarette, they can sit on the swim platform. They will get wet doing it, but that's the rules!

Oh, and the remote for the stereo is MINE also. Don't touch/lose it!!

MitchStellin 09-20-2004 08:58 PM

Semper...you allow shoes!!! man you are easy. :D Mike, I would have to pay I meant. :rolleyes: I am not big on asking for money unless it is a big trip, heck a trip to Grand Haven and back is over $100. If I am going no matter what I will pay but if it is a group decission, they have to help. I think I spent $3500 on fuel this summer, 1mpg and 160 hours add up to the Exon Valdese :eek:

glassdave 09-20-2004 09:12 PM

amen brutha Mitch. my "A" list is extremely short. 99% of the time i am by myself for most of the reasons mentioned above. i put about 100 hours on my boat this season most of it solo and i really enjoy it. i head out on friday and usually dont get back till sunday. go where i want do what i want and enjoy every peaceful (except when im run'in:D ) minute of it. when i first got into the bigger boat i was the entertainment director but that got old real quick . i have a handful of friends that are good on the boat and there is always a seat for them but for the most part i boat solo. its much less agravating.

Semper Fi 09-20-2004 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Semper...you allow shoes!!! man you are easy. :D Mike, I would have to pay I meant. :rolleyes: I am not big on asking for money unless it is a big trip, heck a trip to Grand Haven and back is over $100. If I am going no matter what I will pay but if it is a group decission, they have to help. I think I spent $3500 on fuel this summer, 1mpg and 160 hours add up to the Exon Valdese :eek:

I allow them to wear shoes in the boat, NOT on the boat. Most people are friggin clueless when it comes to simple boat ettiquette, like not walking on the deck and taking off your jewelry to not scratch anything.
My boating friends have boats, so we all respect each others property and give gas money and help clean the boat.

You might have to make a few things clear to your non-boating friiends. YOU pay for....
-the truck
-the truck insurance
-the boat payment
-the boat insurance

I tell the non-boating friends the least they can do is help out with cleaning, gas money, lunch, whatever. It really goes on a case by case basis. I will take out a friend that is broke, as long as he can respect my property and at least help wash and flush the boat. tehy must make at least a contribution, whether it's money or cleaning. If they don't, they never come back on the boat.

Audiofn 09-20-2004 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
I am addicted to sex but I don't do it 60 times a day. :eek:

Who's fault is that ya pansy azz. This list is made by a panzzi azz. If you were not such a Pazzy azz you would just toss them over board and let them swim home. :D:D