Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Here we go! Jeanne is here. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87610-here-we-go-jeanne-here.html)

CigDaze 09-26-2004 08:36 AM

Here we go! Jeanne is here.

1 Attachment(s)
It's getting windy. Debris flying around. High tide at around noon, storm surge is going to bad again. Fingers crossed.

Everyone be safe. Hope all will be well with everyone.

L9X25 09-26-2004 08:43 AM

Re: Here we go! Jeanne is here.

They claim that we REALLY need to look out for the 2:00AM high tide with the storm surge(if you are in a vulnerable area). Thank goodness that the sustained winds are dropping as it comes toward us.

Good luck

cuda 09-26-2004 08:44 AM

I'm thinking the storm may blow the water out of the bay instead of in it. Let's hope so. I just called my mom, they are ready. My dad and my brother cut a bunch of plywood for my bros house, but they didn't get it up in time. :(

L9X25 09-26-2004 09:19 AM

Right now the wind is blowing the water out of the bay. Unfortunately, the winds will reverse as soon as the storm passes.

Frances did no damage on the front side and was not much more than a bad Summer thunderstorm that lasted for 24 hours. Once it passed we thought the bad stuff was over ... WRONG! The backside swept up through the bay and did all of the wind damage to our area (Northern Tampa Bay). Our area lost some roof tiles, plenty of tree limbs and most of the docks. The water was as high as it has been in the past 20 years but did not get close to our house. The power was out for 2 days and that was the worst aspect for us.

gdfatha 09-26-2004 09:22 AM

News says worst to come between 11am and 3pm here in Altamonte .
My Lake (Mirror Lake) raised more that 3 feet. All three docks across from me used to be 5-6 feet from waters edge.. They are now almost under water.

We lost power for about an hour but it is back on now..

Still going thru big time wind and torrential rain.. :(

Where the hell is WASABE when you need her??? :drink:

NICK--Take care .It's commin your way... :eek:

cuda 09-26-2004 09:48 AM

Uh oh, they are now reporting that the storm has slowed down. That will suck.

gmhdfan 09-26-2004 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by gdfatha
News says worst to come between 11am and 3pm here in Altamonte .
My Lake (Mirror Lake) raised more that 3 feet. All three docks across from me used to be 5-6 feet from waters edge.. They are now almost under water.

I was at the fish camp on East lake the other day and the water was up to the top of the boat ramp (parking lot) :eek: Boggy Creek was more like a river! A couple big boats were almost close to hitting the overhead cover at the docks. "Flood Control" what a joke, why the south Fl water people make the calls on how to drain down the lakes seems like a conflict of interest! :(

cuda 09-26-2004 12:17 PM

Power is out again. Thankfully the cable is still on.

two-air 09-26-2004 12:31 PM

We still have power and cold beer.. The sea wall is taking a hell of a pounding

cuda 09-26-2004 12:32 PM

My oldest freind lives in Ormond Beach (Basically Daytona). He is in Cali on business. His son is home alone. We just called him and got his son's cell number to check on him. The son says they still have power and it's not raining or blowing hard there.