Help! My Girls' Birthday is tommorow >

Help! My Girls' Birthday is tommorow

Notices

Help! My Girls' Birthday is tommorow

Old 09-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help! My Girls' Birthday is tommorow

Invest the time, a little weekend away that SHE'D like. Doesn't have to be anywhere in particular. A nice little BNB in a cute little town somewhere, or an overnight at a nice place with all the things mentioned above (spa, nice dinner, etc.).

But honestly....Fund's right. Better keep a list in your pocket so next year you don't have this problem. Brownie points dear...it's all about brownie points.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
For my 30th I got a new Yukon Denali and a diamond bracelet.... does that help....
Wow, I am going to start taking lessons from you

How about something from Swarovski crystal. They have some really nice pieces, I just saw a very pretty heart shaped jewelry box, perfect for that ring. My favorites are the candlesticks, I just received my third star candlestick for my birthday a few weeks back and hope to get another one this Christmas. Nothing sparkles like Swarovski, almost everyone that comes in my house has a nice comment about those pieces. It's a romantic gift and one that she would have forever.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
If she doesn't say I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REMEMBERED.... I ONLY MENTIONED IT ONCE....then you blew it.

Sorry. It is what it is. I'm surprised I'm single, too.

Unfortunately a lot of guys don't understand how to buy womens gifts. I think the best people to ask advise from are your finance's girl friends, if most guys did that I think all women would love their gifts. Keep in mind just cause she says she wants or needs something it does not mean she wants it as a gift. I remember a friend of mine upset because she got pinking shears for her birthday, her husband heard her mumble several times when sewing that she wished she had a pair so he thought it was a great idea; WRONG
Old 09-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Registered

I wonder if Mr P will chime in on this thread, I doubt it.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

http://www.reddoorsalons.com/locatio....aspx?state=PA

Buy her the full gamut day treatment. They have gift certificates. If she has a really close friend, might spring for part of the price for her friend too, and talk the friend's better half into working out rest of price.

This place is the shiznit. There are even better independent salons in the Phili area as well, I am sure. Ask around. This is a sure bet; works EVERY time for me.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-28-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht

How about something from Swarovski crystal.
OH Boy!!!!!!

Lets not go there, I bought the ex enough of that stuff to pay for a nice Boat!!!
even worse was, she got Mom to collect it too, so every time I bought one, I had to Buy one for the other also.

She got the crystal.........

I got everything else.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Registered

kitten or puppy. Inside a basket full of Victorias Secrets goodies. Include latest hot perfume., certificate for day at spa, top off with candlelite dinner and a real cheesy card. Worked for me.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Unfortunately a lot of guys don't understand how to buy womens gifts. I think the best people to ask advise from are your finance's girl friends, if most guys did that I think all women would love their gifts. Keep in mind just cause she says she wants or needs something it does not mean she wants it as a gift. I remember a friend of mine upset because she got pinking shears for her birthday, her husband heard her mumble several times when sewing that she wished she had a pair so he thought it was a great idea; WRONG
First, let me say this. I know from reading your posts that you are a lovely person. Seriously. I don't want to argue with a nice lady. So please don't think that I am. But I think you must have really good friends. Because you can trust them. Who knows in this case. I think in general, relying on the friends is ok at first, but they should be thought of as antibiotics. Don't use them too often.

I have a term called "Bowling Ball Named Homer." Some simpsons watchers will get the joke. Don't get pinking shears, vacuum cleaners, excercise equipment, tools, paint for the house, home improvements that aren't SPECIFICALLY FOR HER USE.... you guys see where I am going. Of course don't buy a lame gift.

I once bought a really, really sweet stair climber (18 or 20 years ago.) For a very beautiful woman who really, really wanted it. Long story short I never lived it down, ever. You should have seen the look on her parent's face.
Last year I saw her and she looked awesome. Damn stair climber bitin me in the azz again.

Oh yeah... her friends all said "stair climber, stair climber."

I was like.... "are you sure.....???????"
(Those are for you, Bon.)
Old 09-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Registered

I have the next couple years already set up, you said that you dont want jewelry but this designer "DAVID YURMAN" is all she can talk about and the bigger the stones the better, so necklace,pendant's,rings,bracelets,ear-rings, and watch...and she wants two of each in different styles...

And if that doesnt work and Mercedes Kompressor will do.....good luck
Old 09-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=fund razor]I think in general, relying on the friends is ok at first, but they should be thought of as antibiotics. Don't use them too often.
LMAO .

Quick Reply: Help! My Girls' Birthday is tommorow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.