Notices

Cig Or Apache

Old 09-29-2004, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cig Or Apache

It's funny to read this thread one day after I went out in LEOPAJM's old 41 saber with triple 800's in three to five foot waves on lake michigan. I wish everyone on this board could have had 20 minutes on this boat with me last night. No one would have been dissapointed. Unbelieveble NK
Old 09-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Registered

GLH, I like the roar of a big V8 too... but as I said, I'm not brave enough to face the maintenance. Honestly, I didn't even think about diesels in an Apache 47, that would be downright disrespectful. Wait, come to think of it, a boat that heavy would probably work much better with triple Yanmars or twin Seateks than with triple 500s.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Registered

right, nauti kitty... and true offshore rarely means flat water. if you go far enough out on the ocean, you can almost always wipe yourself with a 100 mph capability...
Old 09-29-2004, 08:53 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

I would vote for the Apache and not just because I own one.

I'm not sure that top end speed is what really should determine what the " preferred boat " is for so many people.....how often and how long do you run the boat at 100MPH ? How many of us race their boats ?

The ride is awesome in both boats but I would give the edge to the Apache because of its length and weight...in 5-6 footers I'm not planning on running top end speeds anyway....

That's my .02 !
Old 09-29-2004, 08:56 AM
WickedWon

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
It's funny to read this thread one day after I went out in LEOPAJM's old 41 saber with triple 800's in three to five foot waves on lake michigan. I wish everyone on this board could have had 20 minutes on this boat with me last night. No one would have been dissapointed. Unbelieveble NK
AMEN ! How many times have I told you how freak'n good that damn thing works ! In the rough it's been CLOBBERING everything that floats for years, it might be the best " all around " ( thats code for low maintenance and ease of operation) serious, BIG WATER, offshore ever built.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:03 AM
Registered

I can't argue with that after last night. One of my good friends bought it and Doug thinks I may have trouble with him in the rough. I told him last night that next summer we will find out. The new owner has never owned an offshore boat so I'm giving him the fall and winter to learn how to drive it. I told Curt last night we need to thrash him everytime we go out for the next 6 months cause there may be a payback we don't like in our future. Awesome ride. NK
Old 09-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
All true,

until it gets rough,

or your bravo's break,

or both at the same time. NK

They can be rigged with 6's, and they are stronger than the old one's, and with these Oil prices, you may see one soon.

I think that Parnell could give one of the most accurate comparison's, unlike someone who has owned neither. The ride between his current 41 and Primal Instinct (38 Cig) are different, but both ride side by side in anything. I have ridden both of his boats 1st hand and the "there is nothing that rides like an Apache" comment doesn't "exactly" apply. That Top Gun with huge power ride's right there with the Apache with huge power.

Don't believe me? Head out on Lake Michigan in that SNOT they call waves and you will find Primal 5 feet off your starboard side, the whole way.

The key is, they both need big power! Without it, the Apache and the old Gun's are a different animal. No other boat compares to either.

My neighbor owned one of THE most famous 41's, I loved that boat..........
Attached Thumbnails Cig Or Apache-scan0004.jpg  

Last edited by TwinStepGun; 09-29-2004 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

thedonz Jr..

my vote is for the cig with staggered big power and #5 drives

but, the Apache is nice too........
Old 09-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
thedonz Jr..

my vote is for the cig with staggered big power and #5 drives

but, the Apache is nice too........

Like this one ???
Attached Thumbnails Cig Or Apache-fatboy.jpg  
Old 09-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Registered

APACHE
ENOUGH SAID..............
Attached Thumbnails Cig Or Apache-me-dave-becky.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cig Or Apache

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.