Notices

Fellow Banana Owners

Old 10-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fellow Banana Owners

Adam, Weare is about 20 min. south of Concord and 20 min. north of Manchester. I should be around next weekend, I don't have the holiday off I have to work, but you can stop by if you want. My E-mail is [email][email protected]/email]

Last edited by heatbuzz; 10-10-2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Fruitta55 (Adam):

Just getting back to you - haven't forgotten your request about the trailer model - just haven't been over to the shop to check the trailer yet. Also I feel terrible - I found the brouchure in my car last night - I forgot to mail it to you - will get it out in today's mail.

Regards,
Charlie Jr.

PS - Check out the thread "More detailed Coyote History" for more on the Banana Boat etc. I plan to do a similar type history for the 24' sometime soon...

Heatbuzz - talked to your bro yesterday - thanks.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey - also just noticed - there is now a new forum set up for Banana Boat. I had asked OSO if they could do one.

THANKS OSO!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news about the banana forum! Thanks OSO, and Thanks Charlie for makining it happen.

Don't worry about the brouchure, or trailer info. Its on the offending trailer now and will be until next season. So no rush.

Now for everyone:

I do have another problem that maybe someone could lead me in the right direction on though. The boat takes on massive amounts of water when ever it rains or just sits for an extended period. (Read as about a week.) It will fill the bilge all the way into the cabin. My pump is not set up for automatic pump out yet, but trust me it will be for next season. I can't find where it is comming in from. No visible holes and yes the drain plug is in and tight.

Would that much come in through the battery hatch? Also why are there no scuppers in the outboard well? Just a 3/4" hole that drains staight into the bilge (yes I have a plug in it too), and the hand hole to get to the bilge pump.
Is or was this the normal setup on the welled outboard boats or is mine A.F.U.? I pan on cutting in some scuppers and gassing in the 3/4" hole in the spring. But still need to find the leak. Any help would be great.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Registered

Hey Fruitta,

You didn't say in your post wether your problem is when the boat is on the trailer or at the dock.

I'll assume it is at the dock. The hatch that covers the aft storage area is a tight seal, so I would worry about that. The motor well is probably a minor problem. My motor well has only one hole and it is in the transom so the water drains overboard, not into the bildge, but every other Banana I have seen had it the way yours is.

I am going to bet one of two things is causing your leak.

1. You have a crack or leak in your hull that you can't see when it is on th trailer, (I believe this is highly unlikley)

2. Although your transom plug is installed, the seal that the outside rim of the plug makes with the hull is decayed or insufficient.

I had the number 2 problem. I remove and replace the transom plug and used a lot of 3M 5200 and it has never leaked since.

Hopefully your problem is number 2 since it was and easy and cheap fix.

Hope I helped.

Chris
Old 10-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Registered

Thanks Chris. It is when its at the dock since its left in the water. I'll have to check the transom plug. I hope thats it.

p.s. I hope flight school is going well for you.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Registered

Did you ever fix your water problem?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Registered

I ended up resealing all around the transom plug and the speedo pitot. We'll see next season if thats it or not. But couldn't find anything else.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Registered

Default Bass Ackward technique

It is a bit cold to try this one now, but in the spring I would suggest while your boat is dry docked try this:

Plug the transom like you were going boating, open your aft storage hatch, get the garden hose out and fill you boat with fresh water, (like maybe a foot high or so).

Then check two things.

1. That your AUTO bilge pump works

2. That the hull doesn't leak.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered

Adam,

Is your boat inside or outside?

We should get together for a day this winter. I'd like to see your boat. I could probably give you some easy fixes for minor things that I had to learn the hard way about.

Also I have a bunch of extra parts from restoring my Banana over the years that maybe you could use...

Let me know...

Do live in the lakes region or just summer there?

A very close friend of mine is the owner of Mames Resturant in Meredith. I think I need to pay one of his bar stools a visit...

CC