Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   can I Cry FOUL? I'm being laid off :( (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87895-can-i-cry-foul-im-being-laid-off.html)

wwwTOPDJcom 09-30-2004 08:08 PM

can I Cry FOUL? I'm being laid off :(

No I'm not begging for Donation's like my Feathered friend :D

But I will say Boaters do stick together my Boss is a Boater and had to let go of 4 people today I'm one of them 4.
I was giving a 60-90 day window to leave
the other 3 were let loose as of today. I can't say I'm happy about this but I am thankful that he has arranged this for me.
I currently work from a home office but I'm located 1 hour south of Syracuse.

That being said I looking for work anything technically related in construction or computers Cad support or IT. I don't need any benifits other than a couple of weeks off. In the mean time if you need a computer built,rebuilt or updated. PM me

the Lg garage project is still going strong.

BonnieOutlaw 09-30-2004 08:09 PM

Re: can I Cry FOUL? I'm being laid off :(

:( Good luck. It was very nice of him to do that. I wish you the best.

R Addiction 09-30-2004 08:44 PM

Damn Top that Sucks!! You'll find a new job soon No doubt. :D Are you still coming to the Chill out?

wwwTOPDJcom 09-30-2004 08:55 PM

Chillout Yes, but Miami is not looking good :(
I most likely will have no Vacation time if I take a new Job
this is the 3rd time since 2000 that I been throught this
the worst part is loosing all my Vacation I had 4 weeks from the Job 3 jobs ago, Im down to 2 again

R Addiction 09-30-2004 08:57 PM

How about Key West? :rolleyes: Loosing your Vaca does suck!!

wwwTOPDJcom 09-30-2004 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took a week of the oct11-15 to get this damn Garage done
still have 5 more trusses and all the rest of the sheathing to get up

Reckless32 09-30-2004 10:33 PM

Darned sorry to hear it TOP. Keep strokin' at the search and don't limit yourself to just the local area. Garage be damned, search outside the box. there's many a sweet package out ther for those who don't restrict themselves. For instance, Va. Beach/Norfolk is huge on IT work and technical contracts with the government. Plus the boating is pretty much, territory-wise, second to none.....Best of luck.

robyw1 09-30-2004 10:33 PM

Sorry to hear that Top, I'm kind of watching my back because I think it is coming for me as well. In a way I think it would be a blessing in disguise. I need something like a major career change to get me out of this rut of contention that I have been in. Regardless of what people say about the bad economy I'm very optimistic that things will soon be better for everyone who is not afraid to work hard. I wish you luck but I don't think you will need it. Keep looking forward and maintain a positive attitude and you will be better off than you were.

Take care
Roby

mcollinstn 09-30-2004 11:58 PM

Hey, Top.

I need an Internet box for my sister. Her 350MHz box is eating dust. Fix me up with a 1Gig plus box with CDR, memory, basic video, and basic sound. I'll supply the hard drive and handle software install. Minitower ATX.

Might as well help a guy out...

Shane 10-01-2004 05:53 AM

Good luck Top!