Notices

cigarette's new 39

Old 10-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cigarette's new 39

Originally Posted by RHC
Nauti Kitty:: I have read about the broken drives ,,, I have replaced a drive at the lunch stop, so we could finish the Port Clinton Run,,, I have watched Bravo Props get thrown up in the air behind the boat!!! None of these things make me happy I have spent a lot of Bucks for the best parts and used a Mechanic whom I think is the best,,, all of these things make me feel that I have found a combination that works for me! Does my boat run 100,,, never,, does it keep up at the average Poker Run,,, Always! I take a lot of pride in the Looks and the Performance of our Boat.,,,,, I always feel bad when I see a hatch up,, or ,, a boat at Idle heading back to the Lunch stop that is obviously broke !!!! The apparent thought here is that 1000hp and #6,s are not in everyones budget and from that portion ,, I will have lots of friends on the Island !! at Least I wont be by myself..

RHC
100% agree! I just hate seeing broken drives. Sounds like your deal is working good.

BTW 1000's and #6's isn't in my budget either. I just decided to live in my car and eat once a day. If Merc made an in betweener I could sleep in a bed. NK
Old 10-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tonto
As far as running in a "lake" goes, I remember coming out of the Calumet River one evening in the dark and stareing at 6 to 8's on the way to Chicago. All we could do is about 2200 rpm's 'cause you couldn't see the waves to get a pattern and they were so close together. Remember that night NautiKitty? Something about stuffing a 50 Hustler or something earlier in the day?
Robert
I remember it well. It killed me I wasn't in my boat. Stuffing a 50 hustler at 50mph does require a significant wave!

Rick. While you might be right on the average wave heights, I think us lake guys refer to rough as a combination of height and steepness. Robert has
seen 6-8 foot waves in the ocean many times but the pattern, height, spacing and steepness, together, make for a challenging performance enviroment completely different from the ocean. Even Lake Erie and Lake Michigan are very different because of the prevailing winds and depth of the water. That's all I ever refer to when I talk about how rough our "lakes" are.

BTW I love cigs, hardly know Philly, have great respect for his many years of experience, have no opinion one way or the other about Zul because of my lack of experience with their product, love going 100+ ( In my case 100.1) and f***ing hate bravo's. I do however love all the bravo butt owners on this board. NK
Old 10-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
I have enjoyed XR/bravo's on my boats.

It completely depends on the driver, more than the drive. Bravo's work great, if you don't miss every wave on re-entry.
Dude. How was Curt's throttleing? 3 Bravo xr's in 70 hours on his boat before he had a meltdown and went #6 on me. I have seen some real good drivers blow the piss out of bravo's. NK
Old 10-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff cropper
wicked won, I think from viewing your post that:
1.you have no clue
2.think everyone is out to get you
3.you might think you know philly
4.you take the fun out of being on this site
5.your wife probably didnt get taunted [shes probably tired of your bull****!]
Hey Jeff Crapper It just ain't right to bring up a guys wife. Especially a beautiful woman like Mary who is already looking to switch boats and ride with LEOPAJM next year if merc's new motors are really the chit. Tools like you need to stay in the bilge. NK
Old 10-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
I seem to remember a "bravo butt Cigarette" smoking an Apache after a challenge was thrown down. Some people on here amaze me how they take shots at Cigarette every chance they get.
WW isn't an Apache. NK
Old 10-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
WW isn't an Apache. NK

Same sh!t!

Just kiddin now.....
Old 10-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly
[COLOR=Blue]Easy there. I happen to know three Cig owners who are not pretentious a$$holes...
Am i one of them ??????
Old 10-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude. How was Curt's throttleing? 3 Bravo xr's in 70 hours on his boat before he had a meltdown and went #6 on me. I have seen some real good drivers blow the piss out of bravo's. NK

I stand corrected, because Curt definitely worked the throttles excellent, as did you. Anything can be broken though.

Last edited by TwinStepGun; 10-07-2004 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Registered

WW isn't an Apache. NK
Never said it was, although some have said it is the same hull. My point was that an Apache owner was talking trash about "bravo butt" boats on here a while ago and a challenge was thrown down. Based on the people that were there when the race happened the "bravo butt" boat, in this case a Cig, got the best of the Apache with big power and 6's.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Registered

WW isn't an Apache. NK
A saber in not an Apache? They were not pulled from the same mold?

Quick Reply: cigarette's new 39

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.