Notices

cigarette's new 39

Old 10-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: cigarette's new 39

Dan, quality job on the post. It was time well spent. Still wondering how this post got to this point? Maybe OSO needs another forum so people can fight."for fighters and Bit3hers only".

I have been on my share of poker runs. I did my first with the LEOPA gang last year and they are first class. I am not one of the most personable person in the world but these guys did everything possible to make a stranger feel at home. I did not meet Jim or Mary but hanging with that group they cannot be bad people.

Let's get back to talking about the 39!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
You should come to Lake Erie sometime. It will be nice for a minute and then eat your boat. It doesn't care that you have the fastest gladiator. It will eat it anyway.
Not swells. Hard, steep, closely spaced chop. Sometimes the patterns make no sense at all.

My boat has twin 260s and OMC drives. My top speed is a little less than half of yours. It cost me one twentieth of what yours cost.
You wouldn't fear my boat.

But fear my lake.
I will honestly agree , but it's still a lake. I have been on Lake Michigan and spend LOTS of time on the Atlantic. A huge misconception is that the ocean is like sand dunes and uniform all the time. So not true. The ocean is THE OCEAN. It can be short choppy waves or long fun waves. I completely agree that the Great Lakes get rough as hell, but it's ludacris to imply they can compete with the 2nd biggest body of water in the world.

Yes the Great lakes are very rough and fun as hell, but the ocean is the ocean, period. One or two weekends in the Biscayne Bay a Winter doesn't count.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RHC
Well said """Half/Nutz"" I agree 100% ,, we all are very lucky to have Jim and Mary as Friends...

and ,,, There is no argument ... How would u like to be compared to Capt O ???
Rog, ... c'mon, flatery will get you nowhere !?!?!?!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vern
Wow, all these bravo butt cigarette's claiming to be faster than Wicked Won, yet nobody seems to be able to keep up with him on "lake" water. I wonder why:

Oh, and the new 39 looks just like an Outerlimits or a Nor-tech, where did the chisled classic offshore look go?
The above post by Vern was the one I thought was out of line, I don't have a problem with WW's post at all. I think OSG was responding to Vern's post as well. My.02
Old 10-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
I will honestly agree , but it's still a lake. I have been on Lake Michigan and spend LOTS of time on the Atlantic. A huge misconception is that the ocean is like sand dunes and uniform all the time. So not true. The ocean is THE OCEAN. It can be short choppy waves or long fun waves. I completely agree that the Great Lakes get rough as hell, but it's ludacris to imply they can compete with the 2nd biggest body of water in the world.

Yes the Great lakes are very rough and fun as hell, but the ocean is the ocean, period. One or two weekends in the Biscayne Bay a Winter doesn't count.
Well put. The Pacific cam be calm one minute and then very nasty the next. I have nothing but respect for the water everytime I venture out into the ocean.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

I've met folks that think the Sarasota run was rough last April. Cmon, I had 3 girls in the boat running 70 mph the whole way, and one friend running damn near 90 in his boat, the WHOLE WAY. It was MAYBE 2-4's with the occasional 5. I heard guys claiming 5-7's. It's a testosterone thing for some folks, much like the actual top speed of their boats.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Registered

Hey guys ... no argument that any BIG body of water must be respected to some extent (lake, ocean, ect...) . People do however tend to underestimate Lake Erie when they've not yet experienced her wrath ... Just ask the OL XXX guys about their last trip here on the North Coast !
Old 10-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
Re-reading it it sounds mean or something. Not my intent. My intent was to say that reading about 1-2 foot waves had me cracking up pretty hard.

But having established that my boat is very definition of cheap and slow, the LEOPA guys have never, ever been anything other than gracious to me.

Twin Step. No argument. That's why I reposted at 5:01 to be clear in both context and intent. I didn't like the way the post sounded. I'm sure that the ocean can be a beyotch. These lakes up here are sneaky though. It's a bad thing to get caught in 8 footers when you are in 6 feet of water.

Dan... actually we've spoken, you just wouldn't connect it with the boat.
I didn't mean to dip into LEOPA business, it just seemed like that experience was so far outside my own that fair was fair. Seemed as good a time as any to thank LEOPA for the goodwill I have experienced.

I'll make sure to track you down next season.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i think all in the marine industry should ban their employees from oso
remember me and jm94 and the go ****yourself thread?
Old 10-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Registered

OK ... Back to the boat ...

Brandon ... You were one of if not the first to have that back seat set-up in a TG .... How is that working out ? Do your passengers sit while underway ? or do they tend to stand up when running ?

What is the "ballpark" number on these new 39's ???

Where is this one with the Zuls going ?

Whats the weight ???

JM

Quick Reply: cigarette's new 39

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.