Default Re: cigarette's new 39

its called engineered obsolecense
Old 10-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe the correct term would be "Product Life Cycle" as with the introduction of any new model, the sales will increase (provided it is not a bomb) at an increasing rate for a period of time. Then the manufacturer has the option of watching sales increase a decreasing rate, sales drop or make a change that will make the sales increase once again at an increasing rate. (Redesign or new model)

This is what the auto manufacturers feed off of. Basically what it is doing is making everyone wanting the latest greatest. The side effect is that it kills the resale of the boats that are not the latest greatest as it makes them less desirable to the consumers.

I believe Fountain has been very successful with this same approach as while the deck does not seem to change much the bottom really does and in a quest to have the fastest boat, they are selling new models. Else, why would anyone every purchase a new boat if it is going to be the exact same boat as their current one?

Each of these changes starts in effect a new product life cycle for that particular boat.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:17 PM
RHC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
That is because I already broke them and you got new ones.

RHC apparently you never read about any broken bravo's on this board, huh? It's no reflection on you or your boat, or anyone elses that bravo's suck. I think everyone on this board wishes that Merc could make a bulletproof drive with the same effeciencies as a bravo for the same price. My guess is you will be on a lonely island all by yourself bragging about the quality of a bravo. NK

Nauti Kitty:: I have read about the broken drives ,,, I have replaced a drive at the lunch stop, so we could finish the Port Clinton Run,,, I have watched Bravo Props get thrown up in the air behind the boat!!! None of these things make me happy I have spent a lot of Bucks for the best parts and used a Mechanic whom I think is the best,,, all of these things make me feel that I have found a combination that works for me! Does my boat run 100,,, never,, does it keep up at the average Poker Run,,, Always! I take a lot of pride in the Looks and the Performance of our Boat.,,,,, I always feel bad when I see a hatch up,, or ,, a boat at Idle heading back to the Lunch stop that is obviously broke !!!! The apparent thought here is that 1000hp and #6,s are not in everyones budget and from that portion ,, I will have lots of friends on the Island !! at Least I wont be by myself..

RHC
Old 10-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Registered

Wow, all these bravo butt cigarette's claiming to be faster than Wicked Won, yet nobody seems to be able to keep up with him on "lake" water. I wonder why:

Oh, and the new 39 looks just like an Outerlimits or a Nor-tech, where did the chisled classic offshore look go?
Old 10-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tonto
BTW ya'll should see the "PILE" of BRAVO gear cases behind the shop at SPEEDMASTERS in DeLand, Fl.

OK, I'm done Cheers, heading to the boat for a nice fall ride.

Robert
Where is Speedmasters located in Deland?
Old 10-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Registered

Cuda,
Galen's shop is at, 333 North Adelle Ave., DeLand, Fl. 32720. 386-734-3133. Great guy and very knowledgable on all drives. I take 92 (I think) out of Daytona, then turn left in DeLand, and then turn right on a road that goes out by a BIG cemetary and turn left on N. Adelle that goes right through the cemetary, cross the railroad tracks and he's on the left.

Robert
Old 10-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tonto
Cuda,
Galen's shop is at, 333 North Adelle Ave., DeLand, Fl. 32720. 386-734-3133. Great guy and very knowledgable on all drives. I take 92 (I think) out of Daytona, then turn left in DeLand, and then turn right on a road that goes out by a BIG cemetary and turn left on N. Adelle that goes right through the cemetary, cross the railroad tracks and he's on the left.

Robert
Thanks, that's only about four miles from me.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vern
Wow, all these bravo butt cigarette's claiming to be faster than Wicked Won, yet nobody seems to be able to keep up with him on "lake" water. I wonder why:

Oh, and the new 39 looks just like an Outerlimits or a Nor-tech, where did the chisled classic offshore look go?
I seem to remember a "bravo butt Cigarette" smoking an Apache after a challenge was thrown down. Some people on here amaze me how they take shots at Cigarette every chance they get.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:10 AM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vern

Hey vern
Put up your money
I will be up there next year

As for my lake comment in my last post
Any lake can get nasty at times.
The ocean is one place that is nasty a lot of the times.
IF you boat on the lake 7 days in a row you could have 1-2 feet seas as an avg.
If you boat in the ocean 7 days in a row you could have 2-3 feet seas as an avg.

"May be this is the way I should of wrote it for some of you anti 100+plus Lip Ship, Zul,bravo cigarette guys."

I know it is hard but you got to admit they are sweet

Rick OSG

Last edited by ONESICKGLADIATOR; 10-06-2004 at 03:28 AM.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:31 AM
WickedWon

Well this got totally out of hand, so this will be my final comment on this thread.

1 Where did you get the " anti Lip Ship 100 mph people" comment ? There's no anti anything, just a discussion of the realities of what hardware is available to ALL builders.

2. As far as my boat goes, you have NEVER heard me taunt anyone regarding it's performance, thats a Gladiator owner thing that I don't appreciate or understand. If you are curious as to how my boat performs I suggest you ask Mr. Lipschutz, we had a good time running with him and his brother when they brought there Cigs up to LEOPA year before last.

3. I think your statement regarding the typical water conditions on the Great Lakes is an indication of just how little you know about many things.

4. "put up your money" ......please, that is just plain embarrasing. Boating is about fun and comaraderie, I had never experienced a problem with other performance boaters untill this year at the LEOPA poker run where two "Lip Ship Cig Owners" literally taunted my wife and I for reasons unknow to both of us. It was our first experience like that and quite frankly took much of the fun out of the weekend, now you're doing it, what's up with you guys ?

I suggest you all remember why we spend ridiculous sums of money on this silly "sport", it's more about the people you meet and the friends you make than who's got what. I've made many, many friends from all over the country that I value yet never would have met if not for boating.

As for this group of Cig. owners that obviously hate my guts ( or is it my boat ?) I say enough, your taking the fun out of what used to be my biggest pleasure.

Out.

Last edited by WickedWon; 10-06-2004 at 06:42 AM.

Quick Reply: cigarette's new 39

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.